Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Milan Malpensa Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 45 km (29 miles) north west of Milan
- (0)2 7485 2200
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available from outside Arrivals.
- Buses run from both terminals to Milano Centrale Station, and to Linate Airport, Sesto and Torino. The Malpensa Shuttle runs from both terminals to Milano Centrale Station.
- Trains run from Terminal 1 to Milano Cadorna Station every 30 minutes Monday-Friday.
- Both taxis and Buses are available at the airport.
- Airport Info:
- Several information points are located throughout both terminals. (tel: (0)2 7485 2200)
- Left luggage is located in the Terminal 2 Arrivals lounge and is open 24 hours a day.
- Facilities include banks and bureaux de change
- There is a chapel located- in Terminal 2.
- More Services:
- There are chemists and travel agencies located at the airport, and First Aid and health offices are available in both terminals.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Several shops selling a wide range of goods are located at the airport, including duty free.
- Bars, a cocktail lounge and restaurants are located in the airport.
- Business Facilities:
- The Eurochange business centre offers services such as workstations, mobile phone hire, fax, photocopier, personal computer, Internet access, videoconferencing, and translation service. Conference rooms should be booked in advance (maximum capacity 14 people).
Club SEA lounges offer business facilities to their members, and there are facilities at the fully equipped business centre at the First Hotel Malpensa Airport.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Wheelchair-accessible toilets are located at the airport, as well as lifts to all floors, and ramps. Passengers requiring special assistance or wheelchairs should inform their airline prior to travel. Telephones for the hearing-impaired, and newspapers and magazines in Braille are also available. The Lounge Amica is available for passengers requiring assistance, and is located in Terminal 1. Disabled parking is available at both terminals.
- Airlines Served:
- African Safari Airlines, Air Charter, Air Europa, Air Europe, Air One, Air Toulouse Int´l, Alitalia, Alpi Eag, Apollo Airlines, BWA, Britannia Cargo, CHS Aviation, Caledonian, Centennial Airlines, Constellation, Corsair, Cyprus Airways, Dominicana, Egyptair, Eurofly, European Air Charter, First Choice Airways, Istanbul Airlines, KLCuk, Lauda Air, Meridiana, Monarch, Nouvel Air, Oasis Int´l, Olympic, Onur Air, Royal Air Maroc, Ryanair, SATA - Air Açores, Sabre Airways, Shorouk Air, Sierra Pacific Airlines, Spanair, Sterling, Sunexpress Air, Swiss, TAP-Air Portugal, TAROM-Romanian, THY-Turkish, Transavia, Transwede, Tunisair, VARIG Brazilian, VIVA Air
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is included in the price of the ticket.
- Activities near the Airport:
- If you find you have the time between flights treat yourself to a tour of this beautiful city of beautiful people. Easily matching Paris as a design centre all the well known names of haute couture are found in Milan.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Milan has a lot to offer, with excellent museums, architecture, and of-course, fashion houses. If you are swimming in wealth, it is a city of great opportunity to buy beautiful things, and eat at some of the finest reataurants in Europe. If you are a budget traveller, there is a whole lot of window-shopping and dreaming to be done in this wealthy city.