Amerigo Vespucci Airport (FLR) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Amerigo Vespucci Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport lies 4km from Florence and 80 kilometers from Pisa
- (+)39 055 30615
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available
- Ataf-Sita "Vola in bus" service links to the city centre and the central railway station (S.M. Novella) 66 times a day.
- Passengers can take the Ataf-Sita "Vola in bus" to the central railway station (S.M. Novella).
- There are buses and taxis available at the airport.
- Airport Info:
- The information desk located in Arrivals is open from 7.30 am to 11.30 pm, and provides tourist information as well as information on flight arrivals and departures.
- The Lost and Found office, which utilizes the Worldtracer-Bahamas automated baggage finding system, is located in the back of the arrivals terminal, with access from the main hall and from inside the baggage pick-up area (accessible only to arriving passengers), and is open from 8.00 am to 11.00 pm. There are two luggage claim belts.
- There is a Bank, Bureau de Change, and Auto Exchange Machine available at the airport.
- More Services:
- Senior citizens and unaccompanied children (up to the age of 12) are given particular assistance, and are helped during embarkation, accompanied on-board, and looked after at arrival. There is a First Aid service available at the airport as well.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There is a Duty Free shop, newsagent/tobacconist and gift shop located at the airport.
- There are coffee bars, snack bar, and a self-service restaurant located at the airport.
- Business Facilities:
- The Masaccio Lounge on the first floor of the departure terminal has an office area equipped with computer, printer, and Internet connection, TV, and a multifunction telephone. The Masaccio Lounge personnel are available for any assistance required.There are three meeting rooms and a boardroom available as well, all fully equipped for the business traveller.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Wheelchairs, free medical and paramedical assistance, toilets, telephone booths and parking spaces are available to disabled passengers, in addition to an embarking/disembarking elevator vehicle. There is an assistance request facility located outside of the departure terminal.
- Airlines Served:
- Air France, Air Litorral, Alitalia, Austrian Airlines, Carpatair, Lufthansa, Meridiana, Swiss Air and SN Brussels.
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is included in the price of the ticket
- Activities near the Airport:
- If you have the time take a look around Florence and some of the wonderful offerings she has for the art hungry student, such as the Galleria degli Uffizi with its world famous collection of Italian Renaissance paintings. Or see some of the fabulous architecture in the town, like the church of Santa Maria Novella which is one of the city's most magnificent buildings. And of-course, don't forget the famous Leaning Tower in nearby Pisa!
- Other Interesting Information:
- Tuscany, like all major metropolises world over, is served by two airports. The coastal airport, Pisa International Galileo Galilei is 80 kilometres from Florence Airport, and the distance between them can be covered in about 45 to 60 minutes, depending on how you choose to travel, by car, bus or train. In the Computer Reservation Systems (CRS?s) the two cities are regarded as one, and Pisa?s Galileo Galilei Airport is registered as part of the Florence (FLR) metropolitan area.