Budapest Ferihegy Airport (BUD) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- The airport taxis are not to be recommended and are expensive as they are run mafia style. Maybe arrange an airpiort transfer: www.budapestairporttransfer.net
- The pre-pay No 93 runs between the airport and the Budapest metro network.Also a shuttle bus runs from the Terminal buildings to town every half hour. Public transport buses leave from in-between the two terminals.
- Bus, Coach, Taxi or Car
- Airport Info:
- Help desks are to be found on all levels in Terminals 2A and 2B. Tourist information is to be found after customs in both Terminals.
- Left luggage is open 24 hours a day in Terminal 2B and a lost property service is available (tel:(0)1 296 5665.
- Banking facilities and a bureau de change are available.
- Terminal 2B has a chapel.
- More Services:
- Two meeting rooms in Terminal 2B, one can accomadate 6 people and the other 30-40.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Duty-free with a tax refund facility
- A variety of restaurants and snack bars are available
- Business Facilities:
- The Cirrus lounge is in the transit area of Terminal 2B houses computers, photocopiers, fax, phones and free internet access.In both Terminals there business centres and VIP lounges with translation services.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Wheelchairs are available at the airport help desks and there are disabled toilets in the transit and other areas. In addition an ambulance service is available.
- Airlines Served:
- ABC AIRLINES; AEROFLOT; AEROMEXICO; AEROSWEET; AIR BERLIN; AIR FRANCE; AIR KAZAKHSTAN; AIR MALTA; AIR NEW ZELAND; ALITALIA; AMERICAN AIRLINES; AUSTRIAN AIRLINES; BRITISH AIRWAYS; CARGOLUX; CARPATAIR; CHAPMAN FREEBORN; CSA; CYPRUS AIRWAYS; DHL; EGYPT AIR; EL AL; GERMAN WINGS; FINNAIR; KLM; LOT; LUFTHANSA; LUXAIR; MALEV; MOLDAVIAN AIRLINES; MONTENEGRO AIRLINES; PULKOVO AIRLINES; SAS; SKYEUROPE; SN BRUSSELS AIRLINES; SNOWFLAKE; SOUTH AFRICAN AIRLINES; SWISS INTERNATIONAL AIR LINES; TAP AIR PORTUGAL; TAROM; TNT - Express Worldwide Hungary Kft.; TRAVEL SERVICE; TUNIS AIR; TURKISH AIRLINES; VARIG
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Easily reachable from the airport is the centre of Budapest, originally 2 towns Buda and Pest split by the Danube.This pleasant city has many attractions.Castle hill is one of the many attractions with its museums, atmospheric old town and fantastic views of the Danube.