Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport (ATH) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis leave from outside Arrivals in the main Terminal.
- There several routes connecting the airport with Athens and the port of Piraeus 24 hours a day, check at information.
- Bus , Car, Coach or Taxi
- Airport Info:
- The tourist information kiosk is in the Arrivals area of the main Terminal and carry extensive information . Also a 24 hour phone line is-(0)210 327 1000
- The main Terminal has banks, automatic exchange machines, bureau de change and ATMs.
- More Services:
- Pharmacy, First Aid and and baby changing facilities.
- Eating & Drinking:
- A large concentration of shops including duty-free in the main Terminal.Swatch, Accessorize, and Bag Stories for Jewellery and Ladieswear.The Olympic Store is gearing for the games.The Cartoon Store for kids as well as an optician and book/magazine shop.
- Restaurants and Bars are mostly located in the main Terminal.Including a McDonalds, Olive Tree Cafe (Greek food), Grigoris for Greek snacks and sweetmeats, and a food village for a taste of the world.Coffee shops include Kafenio and Acafe.
- Business Facilities:
- The business centre is equipped with Phones, PCs, Internet access, photocopy and fax, printers and scanners and office supplies. A conference room and meeting rooms are available.
- Disabled Facilities:
- There are many facilities for the disabled at the airport including disabled toilets, text telephones, adapted walkways, special lifts for the visually impaired, dedicated check-in counters,braille signage, alarm system for the visually and hearing impaired. Electric cars are also available, wheelchairs and 90 disabled parking bays.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Canada; Delta; Olympic Airways; Air France; Alitalia; Austrian Airlines; British Airways; Finnair; Iberia Airlines; KLM Royal Dutch Airlines; LOT Polish Airlines; Lufthansa; Swissair; TAP Air Portugal; Virgin Atlantic; British Airways; Easy Jet; Olympic Airways; Olympic Airways; Aegean Air; Cronus Airlines; Hellenic Star; LTU International Airways
- Activities near the Airport:
- Athens is a city with a long and proud history, for the tourist it?s a amazing mix of old and new with everything within easy reach. The world famous Acropolis affords stunning views of the city and just below are the many tavernas, cafes and restaurants that make The Plaka.
- Other Interesting Information:
- A permanent Museum giving visitors an idea of the huge wealth of the Greek heritage and don't miss the sculpture "Circles Synthesis" as the representation of the Greek spirit.