Stuttgart Airport (STR) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Stuttgart Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 13km to the south of Stuttgart
- (0)711 9480
Directions & Transportation
- The airport has a 24-hour taxi service to Stuttgart and the taxi rank is located in front of Terminal 1 on level 3.
- There are many direct bus links to destinations in and around Stuttgart, that depart from outside Terminal 1 on the Arrivals level. These buses serve the airport: line 33 Nuertlingen-Airport; line 7556 Isny; Ravensburg-Airport; line 809 Neuenhaus; Aich-Airport; line 122 Esslingen-Airport via Plieningen; and the Airport Springer line 828 Tuebingen-Airport.
- The airport is connected to central Stuttgart by commuter trains S2 and S3, which both serve the Stuttgart central station. Stuttgart central station is served by S-Bahn trains for destinations throughout Stuttgart, and high-speed intercity; express; and regional trains that go to destinations throughout Germany. The S-Bahn station is located in Terminal 1 level 1.
- There are a several options available to passengers traveling to and from the airport by road, including car; taxi; and bus services.
- Airport Info:
- There is a central information and help desk located in Terminal 1 on level 3. All terminals have information pillars, including courtesy telephones for passenger information.
- The airport has a lost property office and a porter service is also available.
- The airport has a bank with bureau de change facilities and several ATMs located in Terminal 1.
- More Services:
- There is a car repair service and petrol station, and there are a number of travel agencies in Terminals 1 and 4 on level 3.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are a range of restaurants; cafes; and bars located in Terminal 1 on levels 2; 3; and 4, and there is a bar in Terminal 4 on level 2. There is a drive-through fast-food outlet available in car park P4.
- The airport has a wide variety of shops in Terminal 1 and there is a supermarket in Terminal 2 on level 3. Duty-free shops are available in Terminal 1 level 3 and Terminal 4 level 2.
- Business Facilities:
- Kurz Aviation Service provides conference rooms accommodating up to 40 delegates; a briefing room; and a VIP suite in the General Aviation Terminal. There is a conference facility for up to 400 people available at the Atrium Conference and Banqueting Centre in Terminal 1 on level 4. There are 18 different rooms, that can accommodate up to 400 people, and are equipped with projectors; a sound system; a variable blackout facility; sound proofing; and air conditioning. The Internet Office offers Internet access at computer terminals or data ports for laptops and a videoconferencing room is available. There is a business team that can provide secretarial support.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Airlines and travel agencies offer assistance for disabled travellers, but passengers are required to arrange this in advance. The airport is easily accessible with lifts; ramps; and electronic revolving doors that adjust their speed to the respective passenger. Wheelchair-accessible toilets are located on all levels. Wheelchair-accessible telephones are also available. There are disabled parking spaces available in the car park. Europcar offers hire cars for disabled drivers and reservations must be made in advance.
- Airlines Served:
- Aero Lloyd, Air Alfa, Air France, Air Malta, Air Via, Alitalia, Austrian Airlines, Avioimpex, Balkan Bulgarian, British Airways, Condor, Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Deutsche Lufthansa, Eurowings, Futura Int´l Airways, Germania Fluggesellschaft, Hahn Air, Hamburg Airlines, Hapag Lloyd, Iberia, Jat Airways, KLM, LTU Int´l, Macedonian, Malev, Olympic, Onur Air, Pegasus, Portugalia, SAS-Scandinavian, SNCargo, Shorouk Air, Spanair, Sunexpress Air, TAROM-Romanian, THY-Turkish, Tunisair, Tyrolean, bmi, dba
- Airport Taxes: