Hannover Airport (HAJ) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Hannover Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 15km to the north of Hanover
- (0)511 9770
Directions & Transportation
- There areTaxi stands located at the entrance of the Arrivals terminal. There is also a door-to-door shuttle service offered by Flughafen Transfer Hannover and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The airport has an express bus, bus no.60, which runs between the airport and the central railway station. Bus no.471 connects the airport with Langenhagen and tram no.1 runs between Langenhagen and the main railway station.
- There are S-Bahn trains that go from the airport to the central railway station. Information is available from the Airport Service Centre and from DB.
- There are a few options available to passengers traveling to and from the airport by road, including car; taxi; limousine; and bus services.
- Airport Info:
- The Airport Service Centre in the Arrivals level B provides information services. Other information desks are available in the General Aviation Building.
- The airport's left-luggage office is situated on the Arrivals level B, and lost property is handled by the Airport Service Centre on the Arrivals level B.
- The airport has banks; bureaux de change; and ATMs located throughout the terminal buildings.
- More Services:
- The airport has a post office, and a children's play area located on the Departures level C.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport has a number of shops, including duty-free shops; a tobacconist; a supermarket; a clothing accessories shop; and a perfumery.
- There are a number of restaurants; cafes; and bars found in the terminals buildings at the airport.
- Business Facilities:
- The Movenpick Conference Center, located between Terminal A and Terminal B, has conference rooms for 5 to 350 people. Conference and business facilities are also available at the Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover and the Holiday Inn Hannover Airport. There is a VIP Service available at the airport.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The Airport Service Centre offers wheelchair transportation for disabled passengers on request.; wheelchairs can be obtained from airline ticket counters and passengers should inform the airline of any special needs. Lifts for wheelchairs and disabled toilets are located throughout the airport. Accessible public telephones are available. There are parking spaces reserved for disabled travellers in parking garages P1 and P2.
- Airlines Served:
- Aero Lloyd, Aeroflot, Air Europa, Air France, Air Liberte, Air Malta, Arkia, Balkan Bulgarian, British Airways, Condor, Czech Airlines, Eurowings, Germania Fluggesellschaft, Hamburg Airlines, Hapag Lloyd, Istanbul Airlines, KLM, Kazakhstan Airlines, Kyrgyzstan Airlines, LTU Int´l, Lithuanian Airlines, Lufthansa CityLine, Olympic, Onur Air, Portugalia, SAS-Scandinavian, SNCargo, Spanair, Sunexpress Air, Swiss, TAROM-Romanian, THY-Turkish, Tunisair, Tyrolean, Tyumen, VLM, Walter Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Travellers that are delayed at the airport for a few hours can take a taxi; bus; or train into Hannover. Once in the city, all of these activities are within easy reach.
Historisches Museum - Pferderstrasse 6 - This interesting and informative museum houses exhibitions pertaining to the history of Hannover. Some of the displays show how forestry; hunting; and mining aided the livelihood of the town during the 19th century. This is a great place to go and learn about the past of this amazing city.
Sprengel Museum Hannover - Kurt-Schwitters-Platz - Located in the south of the city, this museum is dedicated to contemporary works of art. They displays include various nationally and internationally famous artists, including Picasso, Beckmann, and Chagall. The interactive psychedelic display in the James Turrell Room is very exciting and interesting.
Luftfahrt-Museum Laatzen Hannover - Ulmer Strasse 2 - This museum illistrates the history of aviation, and houses over 30 historic aircrafts. There are four thousand exhibits and displays, which feature technology and its development from the 1780's to the 1960s. This is a must for any aviation enthusiast.