Hamburg Airport (HAM) Guide
Other Airports in Hamburg
- Airport Name:
- Hamburg Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 8km to the north of Hamburg
- (0)40 50750
Directions & Transportation
- There are taxis services to central Hamburg available from outside the terminal buildings. There is also a door-to-door shuttle service offered by TravelPorter to destinations within Hamburg and surrounds.
- There are plenty bus services that run to the city centre and other places around Hamburg, and the night bus no. 606 stops at the main railway station.
- The 101 Airport Express offers bus services from Terminals 1 and 4 to the close by Ohlsdorf U-Bahn/S-Bahn station for connections to the S-Bahn S1 and S11 and U-Bahn U1 to the main railway station and the city centre.
- There are a number of options available to passengers traveling to and from the airport by road, including car; taxi; limousine; and bus services.
- Airport Info:
- Airport information desks are situated in Terminals 1 and 4. The Airport Office, which is situated between Terminals 3 and 4 Arrivals level, provides airport information; travel insurance; and many other services.
- There is a porter service available and reservations can be made in advance (e-mail: email@example.com). The airport has trolleys are available for a small deposit. There is also a left-luggage facility in the Terminal 4 Arrivals area and lost property is handled by the Airport Office.
- The airport has a bank and bureau de change in Terminal 4. There are ATMs situated in Terminals 1 and 4.
- The airport has a chapel in Terminal 3.
- More Services:
- There is a post officie located in Terminal 4 and wireless Internet is available throughout the airport. The airport also has a pharmacy and first aid facilities at the medical centre located in Terminal 4.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Terminals 3 and 4 offer a wide variety of shpos, including duty-free stores; newsagents; and gift shops.
- The airport has a range of restaurants; bars; and cafes, most of them are located on levels 0 and 3 of Terminal 4 and on the pier.
- Business Facilities:
- The Airport Office provides business services including fax; photocopying; and typing. The Airport Conference Centre has seven conference venues, which can accommodate up to 90 delegates, with audiovisual and other equipment for hire. The Hanseatic Conference and Banqueting Centre has 14 meeting rooms of different sizes, and offer business services such as telephone; fax; photocopying; and translation. Executive lounges are situated on level 2 of Terminal 4. There is also a VIP service available and reservations must be made 24 hours in advance.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Disabled travellers should inform their airline and the airport information desk of their needs before travelling. The airport is accessible to wheelchairs and disabled toilets can be found throughout. Disabled parking spaces are available in the car park. DRK Mediservice offer a door-to-door transfer service; wheelchair push and provision; and assistance for disabled travellers.
- Airlines Served:
- Aeroflot, Air Baltic, Air Berlin, Air Canada, Air China, Air Europa, Air France, Air Lithuania, Air Malta, Air New Zealand, Air Via Bulgarian Airways, All Nippon Airways, AMC Airlines, American Airlines, Atlasjet International Airways, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, British Midland Airways, Bulgarian Air Charter, Cathay Pacific Airways, Cirrus Airlines, Condor, Continental Airlines, CSA Czech Airlines, dba, Delta Air Lines, Deutsche Lufthansa, Estonian Air, Eurocypria, Finnair, Free Bird Airlines, Germania Express, Ghana Airways, Hamburg International, Hapag-Lloyd Express, Hapag-Lloyd Flug, Iberia, Icelandair, Intersky Luftfahrt GmbH, Iran Air, Japan Airlines, KLM, KLM Exel, LOT Polish Airlines, LTU, Luftfahrtgesellschaft Walter, Lufthansa, Malev Hungarian Airlines, MAT Macedonian Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Onur Air, Pegasus Airlines, Pulkovo Aviation Enterprise, Qantas Airways, Royal Air Maroc, SAS, Singapore Airlines, SKY Airlines, SN Brussels Airlines, South African Airways, Spanair, Sunexpress, Swiss International Air Lines, Sylt-Air, TAP Air Portugal, Thai Airways, Thomas Cook Airlines, Tunisair, Turkish Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways, Varig Airlines, VLM, Volar Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Travellers delayed at Hamburg airport can take a bus or taxi into the city and from there all the following activities are within easy reach.
St. James Church - Jakobikirchhof 22 - This amazing church was built during the 14th and 15th centuriesand is famous for it's ornate interior. The altarpiece showing Luke, the Gentile physician, who wrote the "Gospel of Luke," "Acts of the Apostles," and traveled with the Apostle Paul on his missionary journeys is amazing. This is a sight not to be missed.
Alter Botanische Garten - Hamburg - These botanical gardens inside the famous Wallringpark contain many species of beautiful and interesting flowers and plants. The specialty and exotic gardens offer visitors a look at species from all over the world. This is a great place to relax and take a break from travelling.