Friedrichshafen Airport (FDH) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Friedrichshafen Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 6 km from Friedrichshafen city centre.
- (049) 7541/284-01
Directions & Transportation
- There is a taxi stand located in front of the Arrival Terminal.
- Buses run from the airport to the city centre and other destinations near the airport. The bbust stop is located outside the arrival terminal.
- The Bodensee-Oberschwaben-Bahn connects Friedrichshafen Airport to the Central Station Friedrichshafen and the Harbour Station and Ravensburg and Aulendorf. The train station is located next to the terminal building.
- There are several options available to passengers traveling to and from the airport by road: car; taxi and bus services.
- Airport Info:
- The Airport Information Counter is located in the Arival Terminal.
- There are free luggage trolleys available in front of the Arrival/Departure Area and at the Train Station.
- There is a Bank, Bureau de Change and ATM situated in the Departure Area.
- More Services:
- There are telephones and Fax machines located in the Departure Terminal. There is also a baby care room and a first aid centre located in the Arrival/departure area.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport has a few shops in the terminal building, including a duty free shop; newsagent/tobacconist; chemist shop; and a gift shop.
- There are a few bars, cafes and restaurants located in the terminal building of the airport.
- Business Facilities:
- There is a business centre, with conference rooms for up to 60 people available for rent and a range of business services, including Fax, Internet and photocopying.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is accessable by disabled passengers, wheel chairs and other assistance is availableon request.
- Airlines Served:
- Condor, Hahn Air Lines, Hapag Lloyd, InterSky, Lufthansa, Ryanair, Sunexpress
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Passengers delayed at the airport for a few hours can take a taxi, bus or train into Friedrichshafen and from there, they can choose from a few interesting activities to keep them busy.
Zeppelin Museum - In the centre of town. This is one of the most impressive museums in Germany dedicated to the Zeppelin and airships. There a number of interesting exhibits on the famous airship, from how it was built to it's tragic end.
Lake Constance - On the edge of town. This is what Friedrichshafen is all about. The lake is a great place to go and relax, taking a break from traveling while enjoying the breathtaking views of the Alps. If you've got quite a bit of time to spare, you can quickly cross the river over to Switzerland.