Frankfurt Airport (FRA) Guide
Other Airports in Frankfurt
- Airport Name:
- Frankfurt Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 12km to the southwest of Frankfurt
- (0)69 6900 or (0)1805 372
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are readily available at the taxi rank found outside both terminals.
- There are regular buses that stop at the bus station in front of the Terminal 1 Arrivals hall, and at the bus bay in front of the Arrivals/Departures halls of Terminal 2. Bus no.61 serves Frankfurt-Sudbahnhof; bus no.900 serves Obertshausen Bahnhof; and bus no.73 serves Kelsterbach. There are also Lufthansa bus lines to Hahn Airport; Heidelberg; Mannheim; and Strasbourg, which stop in front of Arrivals Hall B of Terminal 1.
- The airport has two passenger railway facilities. The Regional Train Station is located beneath Terminal 1. From here the S-Bahn commuter trains depart for central Frankfurt and the Hauptbahnhof. Trains also run to Offenbach and Hanau, and to Ruesselsheim; Mainz; and Wiesbadn. The RegionalExpress and StadtExpress trains serve many destinations in Germany. The AIRail Terminal long-distance train station is linked by a connector building to Terminal 1. From here, there are a few of high-speed trains that depart to the central stations of Cologne and Stuttgart.
- There are a number of options available to passengers traveling to and from the airport by road, including car; taxi and bus services.
- Airport Info:
- Airport information desks are situated in the Arrivals and Departures halls of both terminals, and are staffed 24 hours a day. There are also many touch-screen info-terminals situated throughout both terminals.
- An escort and porter service is available at the airport. Transport boxes and crates for bulky luggage are available at the FGS airport baggage service in the Arrivals hall B of Terminal 1 and the Arrivals hall E of Terminal 2, reservations should be made in advance. There are left luggage facilities and lockers available in both terminals. The lost property office is situated on the first level of Terminal 1. Trolleys are also available for the passengers convienience.
- There are numerous banks; bureaux de change; and ATMs located in Terminals 1 and 2. A number of major German banks offer a full range of domestic and international banking services at their branches located in the Frankfurt Airport Centre (FAC) opposite Terminal 1.
- More Services:
- The airport has pharmacies and a 24 hour medical clinic in Terminal 1. There are many children?s play areas and baby change rooms in both terminals. Postal services are found throughout the airport. 3C Communications offer 24 hour credit card phones and faxes, as well as Internet access. Deutsche Telekom provides Internet ports at some gates.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport has over 130 shops, including duty-free hops; gift shops; fashion stores; toy shops; world of erotic; jewellery shops; electronic stores; and 24 hour newsagents in Terminal 1.
- The airport has a range of restaurants; bars; and cafes that can be found in all terminal areas, many of which are open 24 hours.
- Business Facilities:
- The Airport Conference Centre located in FAC offers 28 conference rooms for up to 200 people; audiovisual equipment; Internet access; secretarial services; interpreters; office supplies; videoconferencing; and catering. There are also presentation rooms for hire in Terminal 2. Many of the major airlines have executive lounges and the airport?s Europe City Club lounge, located on level 3 of Terminal 1, is open to all for a fee.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport has a renge of facilities for disabled passengers, including elevator and ramp access throughout the two terminals; automatic doors; adapted telephones and washrooms. Disabled passengers should inform their airlines of any assistance they require before travelling. The Fraport arrival service offers waiting rooms for disabled passengers. The passenger transport company, Behinderten und Krankentransport Kaster, offers transport services for disabled travellers to/from the airport. Reserved parking is available. The Sky Line shuttle train is wheelchair accessible, and electric buggies are available in both terminals. A wheelchair-accessible bus service, which is equipped with an ambulance lift, runs daily. There is also a door-to-door transport service available.
- Airlines Served:
- ANA All Nippon Airways, ASA African Safari Airways, Adria Airways, Aegean Airlines, Aer Lingus, Aero Flight, Aeroflot, Air Adriatic, Air Algerie, Air Anatolia, Air Astana, Air Baltic, Air Berlin, Air Bosna, Air Canada, Air China, Air Dolomiti, Air France, Air India, Air Kazakstan, Air Malta, Air Mauritius, Air Memphis, Air Namibia, Air One, Air Plus Comet, Air Seychelles, Air Transat, Air VIA Bulgarian, Air Zena Georgian Airlines, Albanian Airlines, Alitalia, American Airlines, Ariana Afghan Airlines, Arkia Israel Airlines, Armavia, Asiana Airlines, Atlasjet International Airways, Austrian Airlines Group, Avia Express Cruise Airlines, Belavia, Biman Bangladesh Airlines, Blue Wings, British Airways, British Midland International, Bulgaria Air, Bulgarian Air Charter, CSA Czech Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, China Airlines, Cirrus Airlines, Condor, Continental Airlines, Crosair, Croatia Airlines, Cyprus Airways, dba Luftfahrtgesellschaft, Dniproavia, East Line Airlines, Egypt Air, El Al Israel Airlines, Emirates, Enkor, Eritrean Airlines, Estonian Air, Ethiopian Airlines, Eurowings, Finnair, Freebird Airlines, Futura International Airways, Garuda Indonesia, Germania Express, Gulf Air, Hamburg International, Hapag Lloyd Flug, Iberia, Icelandair, Inter Airlines, Iran Air, JAL Japan Airlines, JAT Airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Karthago Airlines, Kibris Türk Hava Yollari, Korean Air, Kras Air, Kuban Airlines, Kuwait Airways, Kyrghyzstan Airlines, LAN Chile, Libyan Arab Airlines, Lithuanian Airlines, Lufthansa, Luxair, Luxor Air, MEA Middle East Airlines, MNG Airlines, Maersk Air, Malaysia Airlines, Malev Hungarian Airlines, Meridiana, MIAT - Mongolian Airlines, Montenegro Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Nouvelair Tunisie, Odessa Airlines, Olympic Airways, Omskavia, Onur Air, PIA Pakistan International, Pegasus Airlines, Pulkovo Aviation Enterprise, Qantas Airways, Qatar Airways, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Brunei Airlines, Royal Jordanian, Saratov Airlines, SAS Scandinavian Airlines, SATA Internacional, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Shorouk Air, Sibaviatrans, Siberia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Sky Airlines, South African Airways, Spanair, Srilankan Airlines, Styrian Spirit, SunExpress, Swiss International Air Lines, Syrian Arab Airlines, TAP Air Portugal, Tarom, Thai Airways International, Thai Jet Intergroup, Transaero Airlines, Tuninter, Tunis Air, Turkish Air, Turkmenistan Airlines, Tyrolean Airways, Ukraine International Airways, US Airways, United Airlines, Uzbekistan Airways, Varig Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Yemenia Airways
- Airport Taxes: