Strasbourg International Airport (SXB) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available at the airport.
- The shuttle bus leaves from the arrivals area at the terminal and stops at Baggersee. From the the tram( lineA) takes passengers into Strasbourg. From Strasbourg take the tram line A to Illkirch Lixenbuhl and get off at Baggersee, from there a shuttle leaves every 20 minutes. The journey time is 30 minutes.
- Enzheim Station (tel:08 92 35 35 35) is 5 minutes walk from the airport terminal. Trains depart every 30 to 40 minutes.
- Taxis commute to Strasbourg. Buses take passengers to train stations to travel into Strasbourg. Trams and shuttles are another mode of transport.
- Airport Info:
- The Information Desk(tel: (0)3 8864 6767) situated in the Arrivals area of the airport. Enquire here for lost property.
- You will find three baggage carousels and two counters for lost luggage in the baggage re-claim area. Lost Property enquiries at the Information Desk. Trolleys are available.
- There are ATMs in the Arrivals and Departures areas of the terminal.
- More Services:
- Telephones and photocopy is available in the airport terminal. Toilets and baby change facilities are available. Fax facilties is provided at the information desk. There is a play area for children. First Aid is available.
- Eating & Drinking:
- L'Europe Restaurant is one of the eateries in the airport. La Chope - bierstub serves a taste of typical Alsace cuisine. La Chope - Bar serves snacks, sandwiches and a variety of beers. Cafe Select is great for brakfasts and coffee and Il etait un fut serve the famous Alsace beers. La Cigogne et la Foie Gras sell gourmet regional specialities.
- Relay supplies newspapers, magazines, books and tobacco and gifts. L'Alsace sells produce of the region and there is a Duty Free shop.
- Business Facilities:
- Business facilities (tel: (0)3 8864 679) include two meeting rooms for 6 to 20 people as well as a conference room for up to 200 people. Audiovisual equipment is available. There are VIP lounges in the airport.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Parking for the disabled is available in all the car parks. The airport is wheelchair accessible and lifts are provided in the terminal. Accessible toilets are located in the terminal and accessible telephones are available. The shuttle bus to Baggersee is wheelchair accessible and GIHP Alsace (tel: (0)3 8843 1111). provide transport for the disabled. Inform the airline at the time of booking if you require assistance to board or disembark.
- Airlines Served:
- Air France, Air Littoral, Air Nostrum LAMSA, Alsair, Austrian Airlines, Brit Air, Brussels Airlines, Iberia, KLM Exel, Khalifa Airways, Luxair, Olympic, Regional, Royal Air Maroc, Ryanair, SNCargo, THY-Turkish, Transaero, Tunisair, Tyrolean
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- Strasbourg has one of the loveliest cathedrals in France and of course the city is charming.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Annual passenger count is 2.5 million.