Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Aeroports Limousine Service (tel:01 40 71 84 62) provide chauffeur driven cars to Paris for 105 Euros. Paris Taxis charge around 38 Euros from the airport to central Paris.
- Roissy Bus service departs from all three terminals every 15 to 20 minutes to Place de l'Opera in Paris. A single fare costs 8.20 Euros and the journey time is 45 minutes. Air France Coach Line 2 provides transport to Porte Maillot and Etoile every 15 minutes and the fare is 10 Euros. Line 4 travels to Gare de Lyon and Montparnasse every 30 minutes and the fare is 11.50 Euros. Air France Coach also provides a link to Orly Paris Airport. RATP buses also run to Gare du Nord and Gare de l'Est and to Porte de Bagnolet. The Airport Connection is a door-to-door mini-shuttle bus service to Paris.
- There is an SNCF help desk on the 4th floor of Terminal 2. RER B train runs from the airport to Gare du Nord, Chatelet-les-Halles, St Michel and Denfert-Rochereau and connects with the Metro. Shuttle buses from the airport connects with the TGV-RER train station North Terrace. From Terminal 1 take the green shuttle and from Terminal 2 take the blue shuttle. Trains leave every 4 to 15 minutes and a single fares costs 7.75 Euros.
- There are buses, taxis and limousines to take you to your destination in Paris.
- Airport Info:
- There are 9 help desks in the airport, two in Terminal 1, 5 in Terminal 2 and two in Terminal T9. Free guides and maps of the airports or of Paris are available on request.
- Left-Luggage facilities have been suspended for security reasons. The Lost Property office is located in Terminal 1 (tel:01 48 62 13 34) and Terminal 2 (tel: 01 48 16 63 83). Lost Property not claimed within a certain time is transferred to: 36 rue des Morillons, in Paris 15th. Tel:01 55 76 20 20.
- Bureaux de Change and ATMs are located in all of terminals.
- There is a chapel, a synagogue and a mosque in terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
- More Services:
- Telephones are available throughout the terminals and there is a post office in Terminals 1 and 2. Toilets and baby change facilities are provided and there is a Medical Centre in Terminals 1 and 2 where vaccinations are done. There is a Chemist in these terminals as well.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are numerous places in the terminals to eat drink some of them are; L'Escale Parisienne, Cafe Ritazza, McDonalds, Paris Cafe, Brioche Doree, Cafe Corner, Hippopotamus, Bill Bentley Bar and L'autre Cafe.
- Fashion accessories, jewellery, clocks, a travel shop, a stationery shop, sound and image electronics, Children's World, Gourmet Shop, lingerie, fashion, beach wear, perfumes, cosmetics, books, a chemist....shopping in the airport is wide and varied and endless.
- Business Facilities:
- Roissy Charles de Gaulle Business Centre (tel: 01 48 62 22 90) in Terminal 1 offers 8 fully equipped meeting rooms for up to 15 people. There are three offices and a VIP lounge with phone, fax, photocopy and video services. Terminal 2 has two lounges offering business facilities, including Wireless Internet access.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport has all the facilities required by disabled passengers. Car parks have courtesy phones for disabled passengers and there are welcome desks in the terminals to assist the disabled. Inform the airline of your disability and your needs when travelling at the time of booking.
- Airlines Served:
- Aer Lingus, Aeroflot, Aerolineas Argentinas, Aeromexico, Air Canada, Air China, Air Columbus, Air Europa, Air France, Air Gabon, Air India, Air Inter, Air Jet, Air Madagascar, Air Mauritius, Air Moldova, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, All Nippon, American Trans Air, Ariana Afghan Airlines, Austrian Airlines, Aviaco, Avianca, Azzurra Air, Balkan Bulgarian, Brit Air, British Airways, CAE, Cameroon Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Continental, Cyprus Airways, Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Deutsche Lufthansa, EVA Air, Emirates, Finnair, First Choice Airways, Garuda Indonesia, Gemini, Iberia, Icelandair Cargo, Istanbul Airlines, Jat Airways, Swiss, TAS Airways, TEA Italie, bmi
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- The little-known Saint Martin canal, a secret delight of Paris runs through the northeastern districts of the Right Bank. The waterway, was built in 1806 to link the Seine with the much longer Canal de l'Ourcq. Stroll the sun dappled paths under the plane trees and indulge in this lovely place away from the madding rush.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Roissy Charles de Gaulle annual passenger count exceeds 35 million. There are 420 check-in desks, 95 gates and 85 air bridges. Terminal 2E has been closed following the collapse of part of the roof.