Paris Orly Airport (ORY) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Paris Orly Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 14km (9miles) south of Paris.
- 33 (0)1 220.127.116.11
Directions & Transportation
- Aeroports Limousine Service (tel:01 40 71 84 62) provide chauffeur driven cars to Paris for 90 Euros. Paris Taxi fare to central Paris costs about 35 Euros, 50 Euros to Versailles or La Defense and 30 Euros to Massy. Suburban Taxi also provide services to various destinations at somewhat cheaper prices. Negotiate fares before departure.
- Jetbus runs between Orly airport and the Villejuif-Louis Aragon Metro station (line 7) Buses leave every 15 minutes and the journey time is 15 minutes. A single fare is 5.15 Euros. Orlybus runs to Denfert-Rochereau. Buses leave every 15 to 20 minutes and the journey time is 25 minutes. A single fare is 5.70 Euros. Air France Coach to Paris stops at Porte d'Orleans, Gare Montparnasse, Duroc and Gare des Invalides. Buses leave every 15 minutes and a single fare costs 7.50 Euros. Air France Coach also provide a service between Orly and Charles de Gaulle Airports. RATP buses provide services to various destinations in Paris and the city limits.
- The ADP Shuttle provides the link with the SNCF Train to Gare d'Austerlitz, where RER rapid trains line C runs to St Michel, Invalides and Port Maillot. Trains leave every 15 to 30 minutes and the journey time is 35 minutes. A single fare costs 5.50 Euros (combined Metro, RER and Shuttle ticket) The Orlyval & RER B to Paris by train trip starts with the Orlyval Shuttle link to Anthony Station with Metro connections to Denfert-Rochereau, ST Michel and Chatelet-les-Halles and to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport. Trains leave every 4 to 8 minutes and the journey time is 30 minutes. A single fare costs 8.80 Euros (combined Metro, RER & Orlyval ticket).
- There are buses, taxis and limousines to take you to your destination in Paris.
- Airport Info:
- ADP Information Desks are located at Exit C and Exit H on the ground floor and Hall B on the 1st floor in South Terminal (Sud). In Terminal Ouest (west) there are five Information Desks. Free guides and maps of the airports and Paris are available. Passengers can telephone the Information Centre (tel: (01 4975 1515).
- Left-Luggage facilities have been suspended for security reasons. The Lost Property offices can be contacted at Tel: 01 49 75 34 10 Terminal South and Tel: 01 49 75 42 34 Terminal West. Lost Property not claimed within a certain time is transferred to: 36 rue des Morillons, in Paris 15th. Tel:01 55 76 20 20.
- Bureaux de Change and ATMs are located in both terminals.
- There is a chapel in Terminal West and a chapel, a synagogue and a mosque in Terminal South.
- More Services:
- Telephones are available throughout the terminals and there is a post office in both terminals. Toilets and baby change facilities are provided and there is a Medical Centre (tel:01 49 75 45 14) where vaccinations are done. There is a chemist in both terminals.
- Eating & Drinking:
- In Terminal South L'Envol serve sandwiches and snacks and beverages. Le Cos St Germain is the gourmet restaurant. Phileas Bar offers a wonderful view of the runways and the sunny eatery offers great food for children as well. In Terminal West you will find Paul's Sandwich Cart with tasty pastries, cakes, bread. coffee and cold drinks. And then there is Clifden Pub, Chrono Bar, Haagen Dazs Cafe, and Open Cafe to choose from.
- Fashion accessories, jewellery, clocks, a travel shop, a stationery shop, sound and image electronics, Children's World, Gourmet Shop, lingerie, fashion, beach wear, perfumes, cosmetics, books, a chemist....shopping in the airport is wide and varied.
- Business Facilities:
- The Centre Affaires (tel: (0)1 4975 1233) provide a fully equipped business centre at Orly West with telephone, photocopy, fax and video facilities. There are 15 meeting rooms, six offices and a business lounge. Orly South has facilities to accommodate up to 200 people.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport has all the facilities required by disabled passengers. Car parks have courtesy phones for disabled passengers and there are welcome desks in both terminals to assist the disabled. 50% discount in the car parks apply if you have a badge for your disability or a GIG sticker. Inform the airline of your disability and your needs when travelling at the time of booking.
- Airlines Served:
- AOM-Minerve, Air Atlantique, Air Charter, Air Europa, Air France, Air Inter, Air Liberte, Airlinair, Air Littoral, Air Malta, Air Normandie, American Airlines Cargo, Arkia, Aviaco, Biman Bangladesh, British Airways, Corsair, Cubana, Deutsche Lufthansa, Egyptair, El Al, Fast Air, Gandalf Airlines, Iberia, Icelandair Cargo, Iran Air, KLM, Lauda Air, MEA, Olympic, Regional, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian, Royal Nepal, SkyEurope Airlines, SNCargo, Syrian Arab, TAP-Air Portugal, TAT European, THY-Turkish, Tampa, Tunisair, VIVA Air, Volareweb.com, Yemenia
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- Jardin du Luxembourg is not too far from the airport and will take about 40 minutes to reach. Instead of trying to kill time at the airport a few pleasant hours in these lovely gardens at the delightful tree-shaded cafe could be very worthwhile.
- Other Interesting Information:
- In the 1930's the airport tarmac was a place where sheep may safely graze. 1938 saw the Freyssinet airship hangars, the RN7 road and some buildings housing air navigation services. Today Orly's annual passenger capacity exceeds 30 million. There are 220 check-in desks, 72 gates and 65 airbridges.