Montpellier Airport (MPL) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Montpellier Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 8km southeast of Montpellier.
- (0)4 67.20.85.00
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available at the airport terminal.
- Buses leave every half hour for Montpellier and the journey takes 15 to 20 minutes.
- Buses and taxis service the airport.
- Airport Info:
- The Information Desk is located in the centre of the terminal and deals with tourist enquiries, lost property, messages and any advice or assistance it may render to travellers.
- Baggage facilities are available.
- An automatic currency machine is located in the terminal and an ATM is provided.
- More Services:
- Telephones are located throughout the terminal. A Post Box is located in the Departures hall. Baby change facilities are located in the Arrivals hall. First Aid is available.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Cafe Select in the departures hall, Cap France in the Arrivals hall and Restaurant La Terasse du Sud in the Arrivals hall are the eateries in the airport.
- Relay supplies newspapers, magazines, books and tobacco and gifts. Espace Mediterranee sells produce of the region including wines and olive oil.
- Business Facilities:
- Air Hotel (tel:04 67 20 07 08) provide business facilities.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Reserved parking is available for the disabled. The airport is wheelchair accessible and lifts makes access possible to all levels in the terminal. There are wheelchair accessible toilets and telephone kiosks for the disabled.
- Airlines Served:
- Aeris, Air France, Air Littoral, British Airways, Cimber Air, Ryanair.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- Montpellier's Old Town is small, compact and charming. Walk the narrow streets and enjoy the good vibes.
- Other Interesting Information:
- 1938 was the year the first plane landed here. By the year 2000 the annual passenger count was 1.75 million.