Marseille Provence Airport (MRS) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Numerous taxis (tel (0)4 42 88 11 44) are available at the airport and drivers speaking English, Spanish and Italian are available. Fares of 37 Euro by day and 46 Euro by night are charged for transport to Marseille city centre.
- Shuttle buses run every twenty minutes from the airport to Marseille Saint-Charles Rail Station and takes about 25 minutes. Buses also run to Aix-en-Provence and Vitrolles.
- Shuttle buses and taxis are available to transport you to Marseille and beyond.
- Airport Info:
- Two Information Desks (Tel: (0)4 4214 1414) located in the Arrivals area of each terminal. An automatic service (tel: (0)4 4214 2020) available 24 hours a day. Reception staff advise on airport facilities as well as flight details.
- Left-luggage facilities are located in the International terminal. Lost Property (tel:(0)4 4214 2410) is located in the Domestic Terminal. A luggage shipping and delivery service is also available.
- There is a Bank and several ATMs in the terminals.
- More Services:
- Telephone, Fax and Minitel, Internet access as well as wireless Internet access is available. Toilets and baby change facilities are located in various places throughout the airport terminal. In the International Terminal you will find a Pharmacy as well as First Aid.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Cafe la Camargue, Brasserie Flo, Cafe des Iles, Cafe le Phoceen, Le Grinotin, Cafe Mediterranee and Les Calanques Restaurant & Pizzeria offer food and drink in the airport.
- Besides the Duty Free Shop in the International Terminal there are shops selling regional produce, newspapers, magazines and books, jewellery, gifts and luggage accessories. Visit Relay, I Santi, Decouvrir la Provence, Bijouterie Orissime, Marionnaud Parfumerie and Espace Shopping Dufry France.
- Business Facilities:
- The airport Business Centre (tel: (0)4 4214 2774) is located in Hall 4 on the first floor. Meeting rooms, private offices and lounges are available. The Panoramique Lounge can accommodate up to 250 people. Facilities include telephones, Fax, Minitel, Internet and audiovisual equipment. Services include welcome desks, personal porters, a limousine service and catering.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Parking for the disabled is provided. The airport is wheelchair accessible and provides services for the disabled including telephone facilities, wheelchair accessible toilets and lifts to access all levels in the airport. Assistance is available on request from Midi Provence (tel: (0)4 4214 2742).
- Airlines Served:
- Aeris, Air France, Air Littoral, Air Malta, Alitalia, Basiq Air, British Airways, Brussels Airlines, CCM Airlines, Corse Air, Czech Airlines, easy Jet, El Al Israel Airlines, Hapag-Lloyd Express, helvetic, Iberia, KLM Dutch Airlines, Lufthansa, Maersk Airlines, Royal Air Maroc, Syrian Arab Airlines, thomsonfly, Tunisair.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- Marseille, almost 2600 years old, is a bustling city with a long history and wonderful beaches. The most popular beach close to the city centre is the Plage des Catalans, south of the Palais du Pharo. This is the beginning of Marseille's Corniche, Avenue JF Kennedy, going along the cliffs past the impressive statue and arch that frames the Monument aux Morts des Orient.
- Other Interesting Information:
- More than 5 million passengers pass through this airport annually.