Linz Blue Danube Airport (LNZ) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Linz Blue Danube Airport
- Airport Code:
- Linz Blue Danube Airport is located about 13 kilometres from the city.
- (43) 669 100 80 245
Directions & Transportation
- There are a number of taxi stands at the airport.
- There is a regular bus service to the city center which stops at the main railway station as well as other destinations. The fare is Euro 2,50 and the trip takes about 30 minutes.
- There are trains running hourly from Linz Railway Station to Hoersching Station, which is a three minute bus ride from the airport. The time from the main station to Hoersching is about 11 minutes.
- All forms of public tranport are available at the airport.
- Airport Info:
- The Information desk offers the following services: fax, e-mail and photocopy, information on leisure time activities, as well as public transportation, car rental and taxi order.
- There are three baggage claim belts to facilitate quick retrieval of luggage.
- Bank, Bureau de Change, Auto Exchange Machine are all available at the airport.
- More Services:
- Eve Check In This service affords passengers the opportunity to check in the before charter flights. The service is also offered by Austrian Airlines Group and Fly Nike for all departures before 12 am. It is requested that passengers wait at the airport for 15 minutes.
Car, Check & Fly This service allows passenger to drive to and from the airport in their own cars, and leave the car in the company car park with no parking fees.
Fly & Drive Drive to the airport in your own car and while you are away it will be repaired and serviced, and left at the airport car park for your return.
There are also baby care facilities available for families.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Shopping is available in the Duty Free Shop, Newsagent/Tobacconist, and Gift Shop, for last minute purchases or gifts.
- There are cafetarias, restaurants,and bars available for the refreshment of passengers and their guests.
- Business Facilities:
- There is a VIP Lounge available which is suitable for business meetings.
There are Seminar and Conference rooms available that have seating for up to 140 people, with catering and conference equipment on request. for more information contact Airest Restaurant at Tel. 0 7221/ 74 5 45-0
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible and there are all the necessary facilities for disabled passengers.
- Airlines Served:
- The following airlines serve Linz Blue Danube Airport:
Aegean Aviation, Air Alps, Austrian Airlines, Fairline, Freebird Airlines, Germania Fluggesellschaft, Hapag Lloyd, LTU Int´l, Lufthansa, Niki, Pegasus, Styrian Airlines, Sunexpress Air, Tunisair, Tyrolean
- Airport Taxes:
- All international airports in Austria charge airport tax on arrival, however this levy is written into the ticket. There is a passenger service charge of 60 ATS on departure, and the airport tax is 140 ATS
- Activities near the Airport:
- If stranded for a few hours or longer at the airport, Linz offers historic old buildings to explore, museums to browse, and the the Linzer Schloss (Linz Castle) to wonder at. So grab a free shuttle bus to town and take a closer look at Linz. A closer option is the little hamlet of Horsching which is only three minutes away by bus.
If time does not permit rubber-necking forays into town, spend some time shopping, or order a full course meal at one of the airport restaurants, or go to one of the bars and see if you can figure out what it is they put in the bottom of a glass that demands instant refilling when it empties.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Linz has been closely associated with music, and is where Beethoven wrote his Eigth Symphony, and Franz Schubert used as a favourite holiday destination.