Montego Bay Sangster Airport (MBJ) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are readily available from taxi stops, which are located outside the terminal airport terminal. Travellers should only use the official taxi services.
- There are regular shuttle bus services, run by Air Jamaica Express, to and from the airport. The shuttles depart from in front of the terminal building.
- Travellers going to and from the airport via road can either use car; taxi or shuttle services.
- Airport Info:
- There is an information desk situated in the terminal building.
- There are luggage trolleys and porters available in the terminal building.
- The airport has a branch of the NCB bank, which offers full banking services.
- More Services:
- The airport has post boxes in the termianl building, as well as 24 hour cambio; tourist-board information desk; and first aid facilities.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There air a few kisok style shops located in the terminal building, which sell some duty free goods and newspapers.
- There is a cafeteria located in the terminal building, which offers a wide range of refreshments.
- Business Facilities:
- There are only a limited number of business facilities at the airport, including fax and Internet services.
- Disabled Facilities:
- There is good access throughout the airport for disabled travellers, facilities include ramps; adapted toilets; and assistance from airport staff. Travellers needing special assistance should inform their airline.
- Airlines Served:
- Antillean Airlines, Air Canada, Air Jamaica, Air Jamaica Express, American Airlines, Avancia Sam, BWIA International, British Airways, Cayman Airways, Condor Airlines, Continental Airlines, Copa, Cubana, Jamaica Air Freighters, Northwest Airlines, Tropical Airlines, Wings Jamaica
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Passengers delayed at the airport for a few hours can take a bus or taxi into Montego Bay. From there all of these attractions are within easy reach. AguaSol Theme Park - Gloucester Ave, at Walter Fletcher Beach. This theme park has the best beach activities in the area and is a great place for the whole family to spend a few hours in the sun. The park has a wide range of attractions, including banana and pedal-boats; jet skis; water trampolines; glass-bottom boat rides; snorkeling; and underwater murals, amongst other things. Bob Marley Experience - Half Moon Shopping Village. Bob Marley was and is the most famous raggae musician in history, and is an unmistakeable Jamaican legend. This 68 seat theatre offers visitors a glimpse into his life and work. Admission is free of charge and shows start every hour. Montego Bay Museum - Sam Sharpe Square. This museum is one of the newest attractions in Montego Bay, and houses exhibitions on the history of Jamaico and it's people, especially Montego Bay. The exhibitions take you through the history of the city, from it's beginings as a seaport town to the tourists destination it is today.