Oranjestadt Queen Beatrix International Airport (AUA) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- There are many different taxi's available to take travellers to and from the airport.
- Located right outside the airport property, you will find the bus stops, which are regularly serviced by Aruba's local bus transportation company.
- There are a couple of options available to travellers for driving to and from the airport. These include taxi's, busses and rental cars.
- Airport Info:
- Upon your arrival at the airport Welcome Marketing Services, welcomes you to Aruba handing you a bag which is full of usefull information.
- An Atm is located outside the arrivals lobby as well as a drive through ATM, which is located next to the international departures terminal. Located outside the arrival lobby, you will find the Caribbean Mercantile Bank, which offers full banking services during weekdays and exchange services on weekends.
- More Services:
- The airport is equipped with a modernised paramedic service which provides first aid and care for those in need of medical assistance. The medical office has very modern equipment and a professional staff is at your service at all times.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport is equipped with many different stores, selling goods to meet the needs of the individual. These stores include shops like Kok Optica, Marriott Service Outlet, Van Dorp Aruba, Digicel Mobile Service, Arashi Souvenirs, Arti, Fundashon Artesania, Kini Kini International and Marie Souvenirs. The airport also features duty-free stores like United Tax Free Shops N.V, Dinicos / La Riviera Duty Free and Dufree.
- Located in the main airport you will find Al's Delicatessen, AHI N.V and Al's Food and Beverage. Located in the duty-free zone, you will find eateries such as Aruba Cold Cuts Delicatessen and Sbarro.
- Business Facilities:
- The airport has an Internet lounge, which offers a high speed Internet connection.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is equipped with ramps and disabled toilet facilities.
- Airlines Served:
- ASERCA Airlines, Aires Colombia (Aerovias), American Airlines Cargo, Amerijet, Avensa, Avia Air, Avianca, Avior, BonairExel, Continental, DHL Air, Delta Air Lines, Dutch Caribbean, KLM, SAM, Santa Barbara Airlines Ca, Surinam Airways, TAM Linhas Aereas, US Airways, United Airlines, West Caribbean Airways
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Passengers who are troubled with flight delays have numerous options available ro keep themselves entertained, should they have time to spare. These include places such as: Arikok National Park - The park is located on the eastern side of the island. It preserves many of the natural, geological and cultural features that have shaped Aruba's past and present. The interior, which is fulled with hills reveals several abandoned gold mines and traditional country homes. The park's rugged coastline is covered with sand dunes, grottoes and secluded bays. Aruba features a beautiful array of unspoilt beaches, covered in crystal clear turqoise waters. Travellers have the opportunity to either have a dip in the water or otherwise admire the breath-taking beauty from the side.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Passengers tavelling to the USA are now able to fly on a domestic flight due to the availability of pre-clearing USFDA, USINS and US customs at the airport.