Taipei Chiang Kai Shek International Airport (TPE) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis Tel: (0)3 398 2832) are available at the Arrivals hall 247 to Taipei city centre and Taichung. Negotiate the fare before embarking on the journey.
- Taiwan Bus Corp; Evervoyage; Toward You Air Bus; Fe Go Express; United Highway Bus; Taoyuan Bus Corp all provide transport to various destinations in Taiwan. Taiwan Bus (tel: 03 383 4004) and Toward You Air Bus (tel: 03 393 1251) depart every 15 to 30 minutes from the airport to Taipei city centre and Taipei Railway Station. The journey takes about 40 minutes. Evervoyage Transport provide transport to Taipei Railway Station and the Domestic Airport for TWD115. Bus fares into Taipei city vary from TW$110 to TW$140.
- Buses and taxis travel from the airport to Taipei city centre and beyond.
- Airport Info:
- There are information desks in each terminal (tel: (0)3 398 2143 for Terminal 1 or 398 3274 for Terminal 2). A tourist services counter is situated in the passenger reception area of Terminal 1 Arrivals (tel: (0)3 398 2194).
- Lost Property offices are located in the basements of Terminal 1 Departures and Terminal 2 Arrivals. Left-luggage facilities (tel:(03)3 982 1434) are located in Terminal 1 Departures on the 1st floor and in Terminal 2 Arrivals (tel:(03)398-3092)
- Two banks have outlets throughout the airport and provide Bureaux de Change and ATMs.
- There is a prayer room in Terminal 2.
- More Services:
- There is a Post Office in the airport. Telephones are located throughout the airport and Wireless Internet is also available. There is an Internet room and mobile phone services is available. There is a Medical Centre and First Aid station. A nursery with baby change facilities and a children's playroom is provided. There is a beauty salon, a barber, and a transit hotel. Smoking rooms are located in both terminals.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Eastern and Western style eateries, bars and fast food outlets are located in both terminals.
- There are many shops located in both terminals offering a wide range of goods. Duty Free shopping is also provided.
- Business Facilities:
- The More International Business Centre & Premium Lounge (tel: (0)3 393 1111) offers conference rooms. Business facilities at the CKS Airport Hotel (tel: (0)3 383 3666) with free shuttle service from the airport 2km (1 mile) away, includes conference rooms, meeting and seminars rooms for up to 350 people. Business equipment to suit your needs is available. There is a business centre in each terminal and VIP lounges are available.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is accessible for the disabled and toilets and telephones are provided for people with disabilities. There are special help desks for the disabled including sight impaired passengers. Disabled travellers may park free of charge for the first day of their stay in the airport car park. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Canada, Air Macau, Air New Zealand, Air Nippon, Air Paradise Internation, Asiana Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, China Airlines, Continental Airlines, Dragon Airlines, EVA Airways, Far Eastern Air Transport, Garuda Indonesia Airlines, Japan Asia Airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Malaysia Airlines, Mandarin Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Pacific Airlines, Palau Trans Pacific Airlines, Phillipine Airlines, President Airlines, Qantas Airways, Royal Brunei Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, TransAsia Airways, UNI Airways, United Airlines, Viet Air,
- Airport Taxes:
- TW$300 Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- The Chung Cheng Aviation Museum opened in 1981 offers many hours of fascinating viewing. Free shuttle buses provide transport from the airport terminals.
- Other Interesting Information:
- A high-speed train system from the airport is planned for the near future.