Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Singapore Changi Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 20km northeast of Singapore
- (0)6542 1122
Directions & Transportation
- There are taxi ranks located outside the the arrivals hall and they are available 24 hours a day. There are also six-seater MaxiCab taxis that run an airport shuttle service between the airport and any hotel in Singapore and destinations in the central business district.
- There are bus stations located in the basements of both terminals and regular public buses run from the airport to various destinations in the Singapore city centre.
- The MRT station is situated in Terminal 2 and trains regularly run between Singapore city hall and the airport.
- Travellers going to and from the airport can either use a car, taxi, limousine or bus.
- Airport Info:
- Information desks are situated in both terminals, help telephones and touch-screen information kiosks are also found throughout the airport.
- There are left baggage counters located in both terminals and they are open 24 hours a day and electronic baggage lockers are available in both terminals..
- There are bureaux de change facilities that are open 24 hours a day.
- There are prayer rooms located in both terminals and they are open 24 hours a day.
- Showers are available in both terminals of the airport.
- More Services:
- There is Wireless Internet available at various points in the airport. Multimedia payphones are located in the News lounge of the Terminal 1 lounge. There are also postal services; a 24-hour medical centre and pharmacies available in both terminals. There is also a swimming pool; spa; massage and a fitness centre. Baby change rooms and children?s play areas are located in both terminals.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are many shops located in both terminals of the airport, including Fashion boutiques; Liqour/Tobacco shops; newsagents; Computer/Electronics shops; Healthcare stores; Sport shops; and many more.
- The airport has a wide range of bars; cafes; delis; fast food outlets; restaurants;and snack bars, including Coffee Club Xpress; Cafe Ritazza; East & West Music Bar; Harry's Bar; Chen Fu Ji Noodle House; Genki Sushi; and many more.
- Business Facilities:
- The airport has business centres situated in the transit hotels on level 3 of both terminals. Facilities available include workstations with modems; photocopying; fax machines and meeting rooms. Secretarial and translation services are available upon request. There is also an Internet centre in Terminal 2, with PC connection points and Internet access, and printing, photocopying and fax services.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Singapore airport is easily accessable by disabled passengers, it has level access; lifts; ramps; accessible toilets; and a 24 hour wheelchair hire service at the medical centres. If special assistance is required passengers should inform their airline before travelling.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Canada, Air China, Air France, Air Hong Kong, Air India, Air Macau, Air Mauritius, Air New Zealand, Air Niugini, Air Seychelles, All Nippon, American Airlines Cargo, Bangkok Airways, Biman Bangladesh, Bouraq, British Airways, Cargolux, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, Continental, Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, EVA Air, Emirates, Fedex, Finnair, Garuda Indonesia, Gulf Air, Iberia, Indian Airlines, Japan Airlines, KLM, Korean Air, Kuwait Airways, Lauda Air, Lufthansa, Malaysia Airlines, Myanmar Airways Int´l, Nippon Cargo Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Olympic, Philippine Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Brunei, Royal Nepal, SAS-Scandinavian, Saudi Arabian
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Passengers delayed at the airport for five hours or more can go on a free two-hour sightseeing tour of Singapore, you can choose from either a Sentosa tour or a bumboat ride. There are five tours a day, at 10am, 1pm, 3pm, 4pm and 5pm. You must register for the tours at the tour counters in both terminals, the tours are available on a first-come-first-served basis.