Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available from taxi ranks on the Arrivals level, and coupons can be purchased at taxi counters.
- There are regular bus services from the airport to Kuala Lumpur, and Nilai KTM Komuter station and Subang. The bus station is situated on the ground floor of Block C in the covered car park.
- There are regular train services between the airport and Kuala Lumpur. KLA Ekspres is an express rail service between the airport and KL City Air Terminal located at Kuala Lumpur?s Sentral Station. KLIA Transit is another high speed commuter train between the airport and KL City Air Terminal.
- Passengers going to and from the airport by road can use car, bus, limousine or taxi services.
- Airport Info:
- The airport has information desks in the Main Terminal and the Satelite Building, there are also information kiosks located throughout the building, which have touch-screens; text; audio; video; and graphic technology. There is a Visitor's Service centre located in the Main Terminal, which provides airport and tourist information.
- There are left luggage, lockers and baggage services available at the airport. Lost property services are provided by the Airport Police.
- The airport has a bank; several bureaux de change and ATMs located throughout the terminals.
- The airport has prayer rooms and a silent room in both the Main Terminal Building and the Satelite Building.
- There are showers in the fitness centre.
- More Services:
- The airport has a post office and Wireless Internet services. There are also baby changing facilities; a children's play area; a 24 hour medical clinic; pharmacies; and a fitness centre.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport has a wide range of shops located in both termimanls, including duty free shops; gift shops; and convenience shops.
- The airport has a range of bars; cafes; delis; fast food outlets; snack bars; and restaurants located in both terminals.
- Business Facilities:
- The Plaza Business Centre offers a wide range of business services, including telephone; fax; Internet; videoconferencing; postal; and secretarial services. Additional business facilities are available at the Airside Transit Hotel and the KLIA Pan Pacific Hotel, they offer fax; photocopying; Internet; workstation hire; and secretarial services. The E-Centre offers high-speed and wireless Internet; web cams; videos; computers; printing; CD burning; scanning; telephones; fax; and videoconferencing facilities.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is accessable by disabled passengers, with lifts and adapted toilets and telephones. There are also reserved parking spaces in the car park. Any passengers needing special treatment should inform their airline prior to travelling.
- Airlines Served:
- Air India, Air Mauritius, Austrian Airlines, Biman Bangladesh, Cargolux, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, China Southern, EVA Air, Egyptair, Emirates, Fedex, Garuda Indonesia, Gulf Air, Indian Airlines, Japan Airlines, KLM, Korean Air, Kuwait Airways, Lufthansa, Malaysia Airlines, Myanmar Airways Int´l, Pakistan Int´l, Philippine Airlines, Royal Brunei, Royal Jordanian, SIA Cargo, Saudi Arabian, Srilankan Airlines, THY-Turkish, Thai Airways, Transmile Air Services, United Parcel Service, Vietnam Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Yemenia, Yunnan Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- Other Interesting Information:
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport is the first airport in the Asia Pacific Region, and the first Travel and Tourism organisation in Malaysia, to be Green Globe 21 Certified. This requires the commitment to continual identification; control; and improvement of the environmental and social impacts of the airport's operations.