Tokyo Narita Airport (NRT) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Tokyo Narita Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 65km to the east of Tokyo.
- (0)476 322 802
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available from taxi stops, which are located in front of the terminal buildings.
- There are regular shuttle bus services that run to Haneda Airport; Tokyo station; Shinjuku station; and major hotels in Tokyo. There are also direct services to other cities, including Sendai; Utsunomiya; and Omiya.
- Both terminals of the airport have their own train stations, and provide the cheapest travelling opportunities to and from the airport. Keisei Electric Railway offers services to Keisei Ueno in central Tokyo, as well as a direct service to Haneda Airport. Japan Railways? reservation-only Narita Express and non-reservation rapid trains serve Tokyo and regional destinations.
- There are a number of options for travellers going to and from the airport by road, such as car, limousine, bus or taxi services.
- Airport Info:
- There are information desks located in the Arrivals and Departures areas of both terminals.
- The airport has left luggage facilities available in both terminals, and lost property is handled by the NAA Service Centre located in both terminals.
- There are banks, bureaux de change and ATMs located in both terminals of the airport.
- The airport has showers located in both terminals.
- More Services:
- The airport has a post office; medical clinics; a dentist; baby change facilities; nurseries; children?s play areas; and sleeping rooms. There are also Internet; mobile phone hire; telephone; fax; and photocopying services on offer in both terminals.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are a number of shops located in both terminals, including travel goods shops; pharmacies; gift shops; nwesagents; duty free shops; and electronic shops.
- The airport has a wide range of both Japanese and Western bars; restaurants; cafes; and fast food outlets in both terminals, including Fujiya Restaurants; Cafe Croissant; Sky Kitchen; Taiyo; and many more.
- Business Facilities:
- There is a business centre located in Terminal 1, which provides fax; photocopying; Internet access; and meeting rooms. There are also executive lounges in located in both terminals.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport has arange of facilities for disabled passengers, including tactile flooring; Braille airport guides; wheelchair-accessible toilets and telephones. Passengers requiring special assistance should inform their airlines before traveling. There are also reserved parking spaces for disabled deivers in the car park, and the airport railway stations and inter-terminal shuttles are wheelchair-accessible.
- Airlines Served:
- Japan Airlines (JAL), United Airlines, All Nippon Airways (ANA), Air France, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, British Airways, Thai Airways International, Lufthansa German Airlines, Air New Zealand, Air Pacific, Air China, SAS Scandinavian Airlines, Qantas Airways, Swiss International Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, Northwest Airlines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Delta Airlines, Air Tahiti Nui, Alitalia Airlines, American Airlines, Finnair, Korean Air, US Airways, VARIG Brazilian Airlines, Virgin Atlantic Airways, Aeroflot Russian Airlines, Air Canada, Air India, Air Japan, Air Niugini, Air Nippon, Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines, Biman Bangladesh Airlines, China Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Continental Airlines, Continental Micronesia, Egypt Air, Eva Air, Garuda Indonesia, Iberia Airlines, Iran Air, Japan Air System (JAS), Japan Asia Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Miat Mongolian Airlines, Pakistan International Airlines, Philippine Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Uzbekistan Airways, Vietnam Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- The airport has a few activities located near the airport to keep passengers that are delayed for a few hours busy and entertained.
Museum of Aeronautical Sciences - 15 minute bus trip from Terminal 1, bust stop No.1. This museum is a great place to go and learn about avaition, past and present. It has many different aircraft on display, and many interesting interactive exhibits with fully fuctioning equipment.
Sakura no Oka Park - Route 296 towards Sanrizuka alongside the airport grounds. This beautiful park is located near the runway and is a great place to relax and watch planes landing and taking off from the airport. The park has 75 cherry trees and benches located around the ground.
Sakura no Yama Park - On the Narita-Omigawa-Kashima highway. This park is another great place near the runway to relax and watch the planes arriving and departing from the airport. The park is beautiful and has about 240 cherry trees and 5,300 shrubs.