Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Indian Railways run a booking office from arrivals.
- Bus , Car or Taxi.
- Airport Info:
- There are government and state information kiosks
- Left luggage cloakroom is in the car park besides arrivals, is open 24 hours a day and charges rs50 per day
- A 24 hour bank for foreign exchange in Arrivals, bureau de change, ATMs and postal services are in both Terminals.
- More Services:
- Telecommunications centres are in both Terminals with phones, fax, internet and photocopying.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Duty-free is located in Terminal 2
- Restaurants, snack bars, vending machines, bars and confectionary shops are in both Terminals.
- Business Facilities:
- In the departure areas of both Terminals is a business centre and executive lounges. Full facilities are available at the nearby Leela Kempinski Hotel including banqueting.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Disabled toilets and parking, as well as wheelchairs on request.Passengers are advised to inform their airline on booking if they need assistance.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Canada: Air France: Air India: Air Lanka: Air Mauritius: Air Portugal: Alitalia: Bangladesh Biman: British Airways: Canadian Airlines International: Cathay Pacific: Czech Airlines: Delta Airlines: Egypt Air: Emirates: Ethiopian Airlines: Gulf Air: Iran Air: Iraqi Airways: Japan Airlines: Kenya Airways: KLM (Royal Dutch Airlines): Kuwait Airways: Lufthansa: Pakistan International Airlines: Qantas: Royal Nepal Airlines: Saudi Arabian Airlines: Singapore Airlines: Swissair:
- Airport Taxes:
- rs 200 departure tax
- Activities near the Airport:
- Mumbai formally known as Bombay is a huge and in common with the rest of Indias cities very poor and vibrant.Take a trip to The Fort to be transported back to the Victorian era, The Fort was built by the British, and in the same area is Victoria Terminus (the main train station) is worth seeing for its Gothic architecture.