Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) Guide
Other Airports in Shanghai
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available and passengers passengers must join the correct queue for the desired destination, queues are determined by journey duration.
- There are five bus routes which serve different areas of Shanghai. Airport bus no. 1 connects Pudong International Airport with Hong Qiao International Airport and airport bus no. 2 runs to Shanghai Exhibition Centre. Other routes run to Zunyi Road; Dongjiagwan Road; and Shanghai Railway Station.
- The Maglev Train, a magnetic levitation train and the fastest in the world, connects the airport with metro line no.2 at Longyang station. The station is situated next to the airport and is connected to the terminal by a bridge.
- There are many options available to travelers arriving and leaving the airport: car; bus; and taxi services.
- Airport Info:
- The airport has a flight and general information line, which can be reached on (0)21 3848 4500.
- The airport has a bank; bureaux de change; and several ATMs.
- More Services:
- A post office; public telephones; Internet bars; baby change/feeding rooms; a pharmmacy; and transit beds available in the airport.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Shops at the airport include gift shops and duty-free shops in the Departures hall, and there is a shopping mall on the third floor of the terminal, with a range of local and international shops.
- There are various restaurants; coffee shops; and bars located in the airport, serving a wide range of eastern and Western refreshments.
- Business Facilities:
- business passengers can go to Jinjiang Inn Pudong Airport Hotel, which offers 24 hour business facilities, including meeting rooms; telephone; fax; and photocopying facilities.
- Disabled Facilities:
- There are disabled toilets; lifts; and ramps to provide easy access for disabled travellers. Passengers requiring wheelchairs and special assistance should inform their airline before traveling. TDD telephones are available in the passenger terminal.
- Airlines Served:
- Air France, Alitalia, All Nippon Airways, Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Canadian Airlines International, CAAC, China Northwest Airlines, China Southern Airlines, China Northern, China Southwest Airlines, China Xinhua Airlines, Dragon Air, Finnair, Japan Airlines, Korean Air, Lufthansa Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Mongolian Air, Northwest Airlines, Pakistan Airlines, Qantas Airlines, Russian International Airlines, SAS, Singapore Airlines, Swissair, Thai International, United Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Travelers delayed at the airport can take a taxi or bus into Shanghai, once there any of the folllowing acttractions can easily be reached. Aquaria 21 - 451 Da Du He Lu - This outstanding aquarium has a touch pool, for kids to mingle with the sea life. The main tank is filled with seahorses; tuna, turtles; rays; and patrolling sharks. You can walk through a series of aquatic habitats, from the Amazon River to Antarctica, the highlight is the shark tunnel. Century Park - Pudong near Metro Station - This 140 hectare oaisis is Pudong's newest park and has many diverse areas and activities. This is a great place to go and take a break from all the stress of airline travel. The Shanghai Museum - 201 Renmin Da Dao - This museum houses a range of exhibtions about Shanghai past and present. There are many exhibition halls to explore, and the displays are informative and interesting. It is recommended that you rent an audio phone as not all the displays are in english.