Hong Qiao International Airport (SHA) Guide
Other Airports in Shanghai
Directions & Transportation
- Metered taxis are available at the airport, passengers are advised to have their destination written in Chinese or indicated on a map.
- Public buses run regularly to city destinations including the city ticket office. Bus 925 runs to People's Square; Bus 938 runs to Pudong Yangjiadu; Bus 806 runs to Zhong Shan Nan Yi; Bus 807 runs to Shanghai West Railway Station; and airport Bus 1 runs to Shan Xi Lu.
- There are many options available to travelers arriving and leaving the airport: car; bus; and taxi services.
- Airport Info:
- Tourist information is available by telephone on (0)21 6439 0630).
- Trolleys are available for hire at both departures and arrivals. Uniformed porters can be hired, but travellers should note that tipping is not allowed. Luggage lockers are available.
- There are a number of bureaux de change; banks; and ATMs located throughout the terminal.
- More Services:
- Postal and telecommunication services; a medical centre; a beuty salon; and smoking areas are available in the airport.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There is duty-free shopping available in the airport, as well as a shopping market just outside the airport entrance, that sells Chinese specialities, such as silk clothing and scroll paintings.
- There are a few restaurants; bars; and cafes found in the terminal, serving a range of Eastern and Western food and drink.
- Business Facilities:
- The Shanghai International Airport Hotel offers 24 hour business facilities, including meeting rooms; telephone; fax; photocopying; and telex facilities, as well as catering services.
- Disabled Facilities:
- There are disabled toilets in the terminal building and the airport is equipped with lifts; elevators; and ramps to provide easy access for disabled travellers.
- Airlines Served:
- Air France, Alitalia, All Nippon Airways, Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Canadian Airlines International, CAAC, China Northwest Airlines, China Southern Airlines, China Northern, China Southwest Airlines, China Xinhua Airlines, Dragon Air, Finnair, Japan Airlines, Korean Air, Lufthansa Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Mongolian Air, Northwest Airlines, Pakistan Airlines, Qantas Airlines, Russian International Airlines, SAS, Singapore Airlines, Swissair, Thai International, United Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Travelers delayed at the airport can take a taxi or bus into Shanghai, once there any of the folllowing acttractions can easily be reached. Aquaria 21 - 451 Da Du He Lu - This outstanding aquarium has a touch pool, for kids to mingle with the sea life. The main tank is filled with seahorses; tuna, turtles; rays; and patrolling sharks. You can walk through a series of aquatic habitats, from the Amazon River to Antarctica, the highlight is the shark tunnel. The Shanghai Museum - 201 Renmin Da Dao - This museum houses a range of exhibtions about Shanghai past and present. There are many exhibition halls to explore, and the displays are informative and interesting. It is recommended that you rent an audio phone as not all the displays are in english. Guilin Park - 1 Guilin Lu, Xuhui District - This is a Suzhou-style classic garden with pavilions; pools; and rockeries. It was built in 1933 on the private estate of Pockmarked Huang. This is a great place to take a stroll and relax after all hustle and bustle of air travel.