Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available from the Ground Transportation Centre next to the passenger terminal. There are separate queues for different services, urban taxis are red and most destinations in the city; New Territories taxis are green; and Lantau taxis are blue.
- Public buses leave from the Ground Transportation Centre and from car parks 1 and 2. There are 11 Airbus routes to various parts of Hong Kong, including North Point Ferry Pier; Hung Hom station; and Lam Tin station. Frequent external bus services are also available and night buses take over after 24h00.
- The MTR Corportation Airport Express Line operates trains that leave the airport for downtown Hong Kong stopping at Hong Kong and Kowloon stations, where check-in and free porter services are available. The station is located in the Ground Transportation Centre.
- There are many options available to travelers arriving and leaving the airport: car; bus; limousines and taxi services.
- Airport Info:
- The Customer Service Centre can be found in the Departures check in hall. Multi-media booths are situated in the East; West; and Arrivals halls, with interactive information and a touch-screen map. There are many 24 hour help phones located throughout the airport.
- A safe and secure left luggage service, including short-term storage facilities, is available inside the Arrivals Hall of the airport.
- There is a full service bank; several bureaux de change counters and ATMs located throughout the terminal at the airport.
- A non-denominational prayer room is located in the check-in hall and is open 24 hours a day.
- The Plaza Shower and Relaxation Lounge is located on level 7 of the west hall, it is open 24 hours and provides shower rooms; semi-private napping rooms; and a mini salon.
- More Services:
- A post office is located in the Departures hall; wireless Internet is available airside in the terminal; a medical centre on level 6; a pharmacy; an Oriental Massage Centre; children?s play areas are located near gates 22 and 36; and nursery rooms are located at various points throughout the terminal.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are a wide range of shops including gift shops; duty-free shops; and news agents are available in the airport. There is also a 24 hour convenience shop located in the Arrivals hall. A pre-order and pick-up service for duty-free products is available by prior arrangement.
- There are over 150 food and drink outlets, including an Irish pub; restaurants; bars; and cafes in the Arrivals hall. They serve a wide range of Eastern and Western products, catering to all needs and tastes.
- Business Facilities:
- The PCCW Business Centre is located in the Departures check in hall. Services on offer include fax facilities and mobile telephone hire. Additional conference and business facilities are available from the Plaza Premium Lounge in the west hall and east hall, as well as the Regal Airport Hotel.
- Disabled Facilities:
- There are wheelchair-accessible toilets; lifts; ramps; and escalators around the airport. Car park spaces reserved for disabled drivers are in car parks 1; 2; 4; and 5. Wheelchairs are provided free of charge by airlines and the terminal shuttle train is wheelchair-accessible. Escalators and walkways have audio warning signals, while lifts; toilets; and telephones are equiped with Braille signs.
- Airlines Served:
- Aeroflot Russian Intl. Airlines, Air Canada, Air China, Air France, Air India Ltd, Air Mauritius, Air New Zealand Ltd, Air Niugini, Alitalia, All Nippon Airways Co Ltd, Ansett Australia, Asiana Airlines, Biman Bangladesh Airlines, British Airways, Canadian Airlines Intl, Cathay Pacific Airways, China Airlines, Continental Micronesia, EL AL Israel Airlines Ltd, Emirates Airline, EVA Airways Corporation, Garuda Indonesia, Gulf Air, Japan Airlines Co. Ltd, Japan Asia Airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Lauda Air, Lufthansa German Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Philippine Airlines, Qantas Airways, Royal Brunei Airlines, Royal Nepal Airlines Corp, Scandinavian Airlines System, Singapore Airlines Ltd, South African Airways, SriLankan Airlines, Swissair, Thai Airways International, United Airlines Inc, Varig Brazilian Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Virgin Atlantic Airways
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Travelers delayed at the airport can take a taxi or bus into Hong Kong, once there any of the folllowing acttractions can easily be reached. Hong Kong Museum of Art - 10 Salisbury Rd - This is one of the best museums in Hong Kong and houses a huge collection of Chinese antiquities and fine art. The collections include ceramics; bronzes;, jade; cloisonne; lacquerware; bamboo carvings; women's costumes and textiles; paintings; wall hangings; scrolls; and calligraphy dating from the 16th century to the present. Hong Kong Museum of History - Tsim Sha Tsui East - This is the museum in Hong Kong to visit, here you'll find everything you need to know about Hong Kong's long history. The displays include dioramas; replicas of fishing boats; models; reconstructed traditional houses; furniture; clothing; and items from daily life. Hong Kong Space Museum - 10 Salisbury Rd - This is one of the most interesting museums in Hong Kong. The Hall of Space Science explores the journey of humans into space, with exhibits on ancient astronomical history; science fiction; early rockets; manned space flights; and future space programs. There are also many interactive rides and exhibits in the museum.