Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Metered taxis are available at the airport, passengers are advised to have their destination written in Chinese or indicated on a map.
- The Airport-City Shuttle Bus departs from outside Arrivals and takes three routes into the city, stopping at all the major hotels.
- There are many options available to travelers arriving and leaving the airport: car; bus; and taxi services.
- Airport Info:
- Tourist information is available in the Arrivals lounge from 08h30 in the morning until the end of flight operations.
- Facilities at the airport include a bank; several bureaux de change; and 12 ATMs.
- More Services:
- There is a 24 hour medical centre; a post office; and public telephones.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are a number of shops found at Terminal 2, including: a duty free shop; international brand shops; and domestic Chinese shops.
- There are a number of cafes and restaurants located at Terminal 2, on offer are a range of Chinese food; Japanese food; Korean food; and Western food.
- Business Facilities:
- The airport has a business centre, which offers Internet access; fax and computer facilities. Business services, including fax; photocopying; and computer facilities, are also available in the VIP lounges.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is very accessible to disabled travellers, and the Beijing Airport Ground Service Corporation provides assistance for travellers with physical disabilities.
- Airlines Served:
- Air France, Alitalia, All Nippon Airways, Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Canadian Airlines International, CAAC, China Northwest Airlines, China Southern Airlines, China Northern, China Southwest Airlines, China Xinhua Airlines, Dragon Air, Finnair, Japan Airlines, Korean Air, Lufthansa Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Mongolian Air, Northwest Airlines, Pakistan Airlines, Qantas Airlines, Russian International Airlines, SAS, Singapore Airlines, Swissair, Thai International, United Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- $6 - $10
- Activities near the Airport:
- Travelers delayed at the airport can take a taxi or bus into Beijing, once there any of the folllowing acttractions can easily be reached. Beijing Aquarium - North gate of the Beijing Zoo - This is the largest inland aquarium in the world. There is a wide range of marine life on displlay here, with dolphin shows at 11am and 3pm. This is a good place to take a break and learn about the life in the sea. Bai Ta Si - Fucheng Men Nei Dajie 171 - This Liao dynasty temple features the largest Tibetan pagoda in China at 51 m tall. It was built by a Nepali architect 700 years ago. this is a great place to get lost in the past as you wander around this beautiful old temple. Tiananmen Square - This is the world's largest square and there are many things to do and see here. There are a number of interesting museums around the square worth taking a look at. This is a great place to go to kill some time while waiting to resume your travels.