Perth Airport (PER) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Perth Airport
- Airport Code:
- Perth Airport is 12 km (7.5 miles) northeast of Perth. The International Terminal is 16km (10miles) from Perth.
- (0)8 9478 8888
Directions & Transportation
- Taxi ranks are situated just outside the terminals. Fares are payable in advance. Enquire at the Information Help Desk for limousine service.
- MYMA (tel: (0)8 9475 2999) operates the Airport-City shuttle from the two terminals to the city with stops en route at hotels, motels and hostels.
Freemantle Airport Shuttle (tel: (0)8 9335 1614) operates daily between the airport and the Perth suburb of Freemantle. Transperth Bus service is the cheapest but stop at the city centre only.
- Public transport options include taxi, bus or limousine
- Airport Info:
- Self-Help Information desks are provided in the terminals and Customers Service staff, wearing gold jackets, is available daily to provide information and assistance.
- Luggage storing facilities (tel: (0)8 9477 1088 ) are available in the International Terminal as well as a Lost Property service, you can contact them on tel: (0)8 9478 8503 to find out if lost property has been handed in.
- Bureaux de Change and ATMs are located on the lower and upper level of the International Terminal. The ATMs accept most major cards such as, Visa, Mastercard, Commonwealth Bank and American Express.
- A non-denominational prayer room is located on the ground floor of the terminal.
- Showers are located in various places in the terminal.
- More Services:
- Telephones and Internet access is available throughout the International Terminal. Mobile phones are available for hire. Toilets and baby change facilities are provided as well as water fountains; Perth?s water is safe to drink. First Aid Service is available on tel: (0)8 9478 8572. A Smokers Room is provided for those who need to use it. There is a Post Box in the Departure Lounge.
- Eating & Drinking:
- You can choose between restaurants, cafes and bars and a pub. Aromas cafe makes great coffee and light meals. At Ripe Wine Bar you can enjoy Australian wine. BLD offers meals any time of day and Red Rooster make chicken; roasted, grilled, whatever.
- There is a duty-free shop with a wide selection of goods. The shop, Australian Way, offers gifts, chocolates, Aboriginal crafts and jewellery, a lovely browsing store. Beach wear is available at Beach Culture. Airport Fine Foods sell Australian wines, confectionary and other foods. There is a Newsagent where you can buy stamps to send off that last minute postcard.
- Business Facilities:
- The nearest conference and business facilities are located about 2km from the Airport. Situated in the Comfort Inn Bel Eyre, they provide business facilities for up to 120 people. Tel: (0)8 9277 2733.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The Airport is accessible for the disabled and wheelchairs are provided on request.
- Airlines Served:
- Air New Zealand, British Airways, Qantas, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Thai Airways, United, Virgin Blue, Airlink and Skywest.
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is AUD 38.00 for all passengers over the age of 12. This and all other taxes are included at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Travellers delayed at the Airport can take a shuttle bus into Perth and spend some quality time in the Botanic Gardens. It?s a great place for families to spend some leisure time and relax.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Perth Airport was a RAAF base before becoming an airport for commercial use. Guildford Airport, as it was known, changed names to Perth Airport in September 1952. The International Terminal was built from second hand wartime materials. In 1986 The new International Terminal and a new Control Tower was opened on the eastern side of the airport. Western Australian Corporation has taken over a leasehold as part of the privatization of the Airports in Australia.