Adelaide Airport (ADL) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Adelaide Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 6km (4miles) west of Adelaide city centre.
- (0)8 8308 9211
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis leave from just outside the arrival terminal. Travel times is about 15 minutes, all taxis are metered
- Skylink Airport Buses run, daily from 6am to 9pm. Buses leave every 30 minutes and provide convenient transport from the airport, to most accommodations in Adelaide. Call (0)8 8332 0528 for a hotel pick-up when you depart.
- Taxi?s and buses are available to transport travellers to Adelaide city.
- Airport Info:
- Information and help desks are situated in both International and Domestic terminals. Tel: (0)8 8308 9276
- Luggage can be collected from the baggage carousel after going through the Immigration primary line and proceed to Customs. Lost luggage can be reported at the help and information desk
- Thomas Cooke offers bureau de change services and there is an ATM in the International Terminal.
- More Services:
- Pay phones accepting cards and loose change are situated throughout the terminals. Baby changing facilities are also provides.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are restaurants, bars and coffee shop in the transit lounge of the terminals.
- There is a duty free shop in the International terminal. Gift shops, clothing and newsagent make up the facilities provided at Adelaide Airport.
- Business Facilities:
- Qantas VIP lounges Tel (0)8 8208 8869, in the International and domestic terminals provide, phone, fax, photocopy and Internet access. VIP lounges and a Silver Kris Lounge are available in the International Terminal. Conference facilities are available in the Domestic Terminal.
- Disabled Facilities:
- There are lifts ramps and special toilets for the disabled. Parking for the disabled is located next to the entrance of each terminal. TDD telephones are provided for the hearing impaired.
- Airlines Served:
- Air New Zealand, British Airways, Qantas, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Thai Airways, United and Virgin Blue. Regional Carriers are; Airlink and Skywest.
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is AUD38.00 for all passengers over the age of 12. This tax as well as all other taxes must be included at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Got a few hours to kill? On the western boundary of the Airport and easily accessed by bus or taxi the West Beach Harbour Town offers great shopping and a pleasant environment to spend some time. There are Alfresco restaurants and cafes and an observation terrace to view airport activity.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Currently under construction, the new Adelaide Airport Terminal, due for completion late in 2005 will be the most advanced airport in Australia.
Adelaide Airport is currently the sixth largest international airport and the fourth largest domestic airport in Australia.