Cairns International Airport (CNS) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available from outside the International and Domestic terminals. Limousine service is also available.
- The shuttle-bus provides transport from the Airport to any central Cairns accommodation.
- Options available is by taxi and by shuttle bus
- Airport Info:
- There is an information desk in the terminals and Customer Services officers (Tel: (0)7 4053 9757 or Intercom No.283) are available to assist you.
- TLC Airport Luggage Services operate a porterage service which must be booked in advance. Trolleys are free to International Arrivals. International departure and Domestic passengers can obtain trolleys at AUD2.00 each.
- Bureau de Change is provided in the Baggage reclaim area and in the arrivals hall. For outbound passengers there is a currency exchange facility in the departure lounge.
- Showers are provided in the Central Concourse.
- More Services:
- First Aid and Baby care facilities are provided and toilets are situated throughout the airport. There is a Mailbox in the Arrivals hall. There are public telephones provided in both terminals.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Cafes, bars and cafeterias are provided in both terminals
- Shops include a Newsagent, a Pharmacy, Tobacconist, Fashion wear, gift shop and Duty Free Shop.
- Business Facilities:
- A VIP Lounge is available.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The Airport is wheelchair accessible and parking for the disabled is provided. Facilities include wheelchair accessible toilets and telephones.
- Airlines Served:
- Air New Zealand, Air Niugini, Airlink, Australia Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Continental Micronesia, Japan Airlines, Macair Airlines, Qantas, Sunstate and Virgin Blue.
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is AUD38.00 for all passengers over the age of 12. Departure tax as well as all other taxes must be included at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Cairns is tropical and it?s hot. The beaches are your best bet to kill some time while waiting for your next air-flight connection. Strolling through Cairns is scenic and very pleasant.