Brisbane International Airport (BNE) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxi Cab companies include Black & White Cabs (Tel: 131 998) and Yellow Cabs (Tel: 131 227 or (0)7 3391 5955). Ask Taxi fares before boarding the taxi. Taxi ranks are situated outside Arrivals on the second level of the International Terminal and at the Qantas and Virgin Blue ends of the Domestic Terminal. Limousines are available and can be contacted on telephone: (0)7 3406 3190 or at the Visitors Information Centre
- Coachtrans provides bus services from both terminals to Brisbane Transit Centre in Roma Street and to the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast. Buses run every 30 minutes from 05.00 daily. Coachtrans (Tel: (0)7 3236 1000) also provides a door to door service.
- Airtrain stations are located directly outside the International and Domestic terminals and provides services to Brisbane Central Station and to the Gold Coast. Trains depart every 15 minutes during the week and every 30 minutes on Saturdays. Train service commences at 05.30 daily and it takes about 22 minutes to reach Brisbane Central Station.
- There are several transport options available to travellers arriving at or leaving Brisbane Airport.
- Airport Info:
- There is a Visitors Information Centre (Tel: (0)7 3406 3190 on Level 2 of the International Terminal and passenger information desks on the ground floor of the Domestic Terminal.
- Baggage trolleys are available free of charge in the car park at Departures Level4 and Arrivals Level 4. Small trolleys are available on Level 3 Departures for hand luggage and shopping. There are no left-luggage facilities at the Airport due to Security requirements. Lost luggage offices are situated in both the International and Domestic Terminals.
- There is Bureau de Change faculties and ATMs on Levels 2,3 and 4 of the International Terminal. Bureau de Change facilities and ATMs are on Level 2 of the Domestic Terminal.
- There is a non-denominational prayer room on Level 4 in the International Terminal.
- Showers are available in both terminals.
- More Services:
- Pay phones are situated throughout the airport. There is a First Aid room and baby changing rooms. The International Terminal is a non-smoking area. There is an external balcony on Level 3 and Level 4 in Departures. Lost children can be called for at the Information Desk on Level 2.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Coffee Shops, Bars, Cafes and restaurants are available in the International Terminal. Some of the choices are; Espresso Plus, Arrivals cafe, Airport Fine Foods Brasserie, Red Rooster, Brisbane Cafe Bar and Aromas Express.
- Duty Free shopping is in the International Terminal. A pre-order and pick-up service is available on Tel: 1800 814 023. Shops include fashion, jewellery, souvenirs, gifts and bookshops. Wear & When for jewellery, Australian Way for fashion wear, Rainbow Serpent offer Aboriginal artefacts and Travellex for cheap phone cards are some of the shops you can visit.
- Business Facilities:
- Conference facilities are available in the International Terminal (Tel: (0)7 3406 3066). Various Airline lounges including Qantas Club Lounge are available.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Parking as well as wheel chair set-downs are available at both terminals. There are ramps and lifts to access all floors. There are wheelchair accessible toilets and shops and dining areas for the disabled are provided. Telephones for the hearing impaired are available on Level 2 Arrivals and Level 3 Departures. Special assistance and wheelchairs are available on request. Aircraft access is available via ramp walkways and aerobridges.
- Airlines Served:
- Aircalin. New Zealand Air, Air Nauru, Air Niugini, Air Pacific, Air Vanuatu, Allaince Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, China Airlines, Emirates, Eva Air, Freedom Air, Garuda Indonesia, Japan Airlines, Jetstar Airways, Korean Air, Macair Airlines, Maylasia Airlines, Norfolk Jet Express, Pacific Blue Airlines, Qantas Airlines, Qantas Link, Royal Brunei Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Solomon Airlines, Sunshine Express Airlines, Thai Airways International, Virgin Blue Airlines.
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is AUD38.00 for all passengers over the age of 12. This tax as well as all other taxes must be included at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- If you are on a two hour transit stop, the wonderful Departures lounge offers comfortable sofas and Local TV. Writing desks are provided and great shopping opportunities.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Brisbane Airport Corporation acquired Brisbane Airport in 1997 and the vision is to turn the city airport into an Airport City. Already 130 businesses and more than 8000 people work on the Airport. The vision is to have 25000 people here by 2020. Spread over 970 hectares, a 24 hour global trade and commerce centre is planned to attract business to Brisbane.