Durban International Airport (DUR) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- There is a taxi stand located in front of the Departures Terminal. Taxi operators include A Hassan; Aussies Radio Taxis; Boshoff; Checkers Radio Taxis; and Eagle Radio Taxis.
- There are airport shuttle services to Durban operated by Sunride Shuttle; Super Shuttle; and Coastal Motor Transport. Cheetah Coaches operate a shuttle service to Pietermaritzburg. The airport shuttles leave from stops in front of the Departures Terminal.
- There are several options available to passengers traveling to and from the airport by road: car; taxi and shuttle services.
- Airport Info:
- An Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) Information Centre is located in the Departures passage. A Teleguide hotel information board and a Mr Info touch screen information are both located in Arrivals. There is also a tourism information office located in the Domestic Arrivals area, operated by KwaZulu-Natal Tourism Authority. There are ACSA help line telephones situated within the terminal building.
- There are trolleys available free of charge in front of Arrivals and Departure Terminals, the Car Parking Areas and Car Hire Parking Areas.
- There is a banking hall, with a bureau de change and ATMs, situated on the ground floor of the Arrivals Terminal. A bureau de change can also be found on the ground floor of International Departures.
- More Services:
- There is a pharmacy located in Domestic Arrivals and there is also a post office in the terminal building. Fax and Internet facilities are available at the tourism information office in the Arrivals Terminal and celular phone hire is available on the public concourse. Public telephones are located throughout the airport.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are a range of shops found at the airport, including Cosmic Candy; Izimbali Florist Shop; Exclusive books; Sneakers; Rythmic Beat; Big 5 Duty Free; and Ocean Africa.
- There are a few bars and restaurants found at the airport, including Spur Family Restaurant; Panarottis Pizza and Pasta; House of Coffees; and Gass Cigar Bar.
- Business Facilities:
- The airport has an ACSA VIP Lounge & Conference facility in Arrivals and a Domestic South African Airways business class lounge located in Departures. Both offer a wide range of business services, including fax; internet; and photocopying.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is easily accessable by disabled passengers, with lifts; ramps; wheelchairs; disabled toilets; and reserved parking for disabled passengers.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Mauritius, BA/Comair, kulula.com, Nationwide Airlines, SA Airlink Airlines, SA Express, South African Airways, Swazi Express
- Airport Taxes: