Cairo International Airport (CAI) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available from the airport to the city centre and they leave from outside the Arrivals Hall of the airport.
- Buses are available from the airport to the city centre. There is an airport bus service that operates from Terminal 1. Bus no.400 leaves every half hour during the day and every hour at night.
- There are many options available to travelers arriving and leaving the airport: car; bus; limousines and taxi services.
- Airport Info:
- Information desks are situated in Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, in the Arrivals and Departures halls and in the transit hall. Flight information on (0)2 634 8566 is available 24 hours a day.
- There are baggage trolleys and porters available at the airport. Left luggage facilities can be found in both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
- The airport has a bank; a 24 hour bureaux de change; and several ATMs, which located in the Departures Hall of both terminals.
- More Services:
- There are 24 hour post offices and a pharmacy located in the Departures hall of both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are a range of shops, including gift shops; clothing shops; bookshops; and newsagents, located in the Departures halls in both terminals and in the new transit hall. Duty-free shops are available on arrival and departure in both terminals of the airport.
- There are a number of restaurants found at the airport, that serve a wide range of refreshments. Bars are situated in the Departures halls of both terminals and are open 24 hours.
- Business Facilities:
- There is a business centre situated in Terminal 1, which is connected to the new transit hall by an escalator. Business facilities and meeting rooms are also available in the Novotel Cairo Airport Hotel.
- Disabled Facilities:
- There are wheelchairs available on request and there are disabled toilets in the airport. Disabled passengers should inform their airline for assistance prior to traveling. There are no reserved car parking spaces for disabled drivers.
- Airlines Served:
- EgyptAir, Air Canada, Air France, Air India, Alitalia, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Cyprus Airways, Czech Airlines, El Al Airlines, Gulf Air, Japan Airlines, KLM, Lufthansa, Olympic, SAS, Singapore Airlines, Swissair, Thai Air, Tunis Air, Turkish Airlines, Swiss International Airlines, Air France, Alitalia, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, EgyptAir, Iberia Airlines, Kenya Airways, KLM, Emirates Airlines, Air India, Lufthansa, Qatar Airways, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Singapore Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Travelers delayed at the airport can take a taxi; bus; or train into Cairo, once there any of the folllowing acttractions can easily be reached. Egyptian Museum - Midan Tahrir Square - The museum houses more than 100,000 relics from almost every period of Egyptian history. some of the highlights include the Royal Mummy Room; the Amarna Room; the Graeco-Roman Mummies; and the larger-than-life statue of Khafre. Heliopolis - This suburb is knnown as the garden city in the desert. There are many sights to see in this old suburb, and it is also a great place to take a break from traveling, while wandering around the suburb. The suburb's most outstanding sight is the Baron's Palace, Qasr al-Baron.