Winterham Plantation Bed & Breakfast Richmond
Official Contact Details - Winterham PlantationPhone: (866)561-4519 Fax: (804)355-8814
Winterham Plantation is a beautifully restored mansion,
with the elegance of Virginia's historic grandeur, and the convenience of modern amenities.
- Price from 100 USD / Day
- 4 bedrooms
Last updated: 02/09/2006
This is your property ?
Located in the heart of rural Amelia County,
this is the perfect setting for a once-in-a-lifetime event or an unforgettable country getaway.
Honeymooners will love the our beautiful Jefferson Suite with it's romantic remote-controlled gas log fireplace, two-person shower/steam room, and Ultrabath Thermo-masseur tub.
Families can enjoy the Bed and Breakfast experience together in our family friendly Garden Terrace Suite.
For Luxury at a bargain price, try our Princess Amelia or New Market Cadet rooms. Each has a private bath and sitting area. Located on the west side of the house, you will be sure to enjoy the beautiful country sunsets.
Prices & deals
- Lowest Daily Price:
- 100 USD
- Highest Daily Price:
- 250 USD
- Lowest Weekly Price:
- 750 USD
- Highest Weekly Price:
- 1500 USD
- Cleaning fee:
- Charging Method:
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Location & area
When you visit Winterham...
(1) Browse the many antique shops in and around Amelia Court House.
(2) Search for gems and minerals at the Morefield Mine. (Seasonal)
(3) Make an appointment for a relaxing massage in your room.
(4) Golf at the Amelia County Golf and Country Club (est. Jan 1930)
(804) 561-2640 Private Course Driving
Range 5 Tee
Holes Yards* Par Weekday Weekend
9 3334 36 $23 $30
*Yardage measured from the back tees
(5) Enjoy the fine dining at The Bonefish Grill in Midlothian, or mingle with
the locals at Mario's, Namaw's, Magnolia Cafe, Lefty's Pizza,
China House, The County Seat, The Four Seasons and other eateries.
(6) Bring your bicycle and explore the nearby bike routes.
(7) Shop 'til you drop in Richmond's unique Cary Town District or
the area's four major malls.
(8) Try bird watching - You are sure to spot an Eastern Bluebird,
Tufted Titmouse, Red-headed Woodpecker, or Red-shouldered
Hawk, as well as many other species. You might even see the
Osprey and Herons flying over the lake, or catch a glimpse of
our elusive Bald Eagle.
(9) Visit the Civil War site Sailor's Creek Battlefield Historic State Park
the last major battle of the Civil War at Little Sayler's Creek.
(Yes, it's spelled both ways. Something to find out when you get here.)
(10) Sign up for horse riding lessons at Cranberry Acres Horse Farm.
(11) Choose from the region's best wine selection at Lukhard's Virginia
Pantry, Virginia's Retailer of the Year, with more than
300 fine wines from 45 Virginia wineries.
(12) Get in on the excitement of go-cart races at Amelia Motor Raceway.
(13) Enjoy Bluegrass and Country music at nearby restaurants, featuring
top-notch performers; or come to the area's largest annual
Bluegrass festival, held twice a year at the Amelia Family
Campgrounds, just ten minutes from Winterham.
(14) Visit the Metro Richmond Zoo, just 15 minutes east.
(A.K.A. the Richmond Metropolitan Zoo)
(15) Check for local events like the Amelia County Fair, Local Craft Fairs, or
our Annual Amelia Day.
(16) Travel along General Robert E. Lee's Retreat Route & visit other
historical sites, such as the Amelia Historical Society Museum.
(17) Curl up with a good book from one of Winterham's many bookshelves.
(18) Enjoy swimming, boating, and fishing at Twin Lakes State Park.
(19) Stargaze from Winterham's lawn, and reacquaint yourself with the
(20) Relax and rejuvenate by taking in the view from the porches, out on
the lawn, or from the window in your comfortable room.
- 11441 Grub Hill Church Rd., 23002, Richmond, Virginia, United States
- Accommodation located in:
- countryside, near fishing area, near golf course, near historical interest, near horse riding, near restaurants & bars, near water sports, richmond metro zoo, rural, town, village!
Amenities & services
Specific Amenities vary based on selected rooms.
# of Units: 1... and each unit includes:
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 0
- Single beds: 0
- Double beds: 0
- Baby cots: 0
- Single sofa beds: 0
- Double sofa beds: 0
- Hair Drier:
- Ironing Board:
- Stereo/Radio System:
- DVD Player:
- Washing Machine:
- Work Desk:
- Bed Sheets:
- Cable/Satelite TV:
- Internet Broadband:
- Internet Dial Up:
- Local Guides:
- Local Transportation:
- 24h Concierge:
- Tours & Excursions:
- Butler Service:
- House Chef:
- Crockery & Utensils:
- Dish Washer:
- American Kitchen:
- Fridge & Freezer:
- Table & Chairs:
- Sofa Bed:
- Spa / Jacuzzi:
- Swimming Pool:
- Lift / Elevator:
- Disabled Facilities:
- Tennis Court:
- Pets Welcome:
- Private Beach:
- Shared Bathroom:
- City View:
- Daily Cleaning:
- Air Conditioning:
- DVD/Music Collection:
- Ensuite Bathroom:
- Sea View:
- Central Heating:
Review - Winterham Plantation
Winterham Plantation - Contact the owner
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.