Casona de Manzano Bed & Breakfast Tapalpa
Official Contact Details - Casona de ManzanoPhone: 52-333615-5779 Fax: 1-608-561-4053
A gem hidden in the high sierra of Tapalpa, Mexico.10 rooms and suites all with fireplace in this centuries old family mansion.Homemade breakfast included.Terrace overlooking mountains. Lounge-bar.
- Price from 80 USD / Day
- 9 bedrooms
(click on a photo to view it)
Last updated: 06/21/2007
This is your property ?
Tapalpa is a little bit of paradise in the pines. At more than two thousand meters, surrounded by thousands of acres of pine forests overlooking the snow-capped volcano of Colima, the air can't get much fresher than this in Mexico.
La Casona de Manzano is the perfect cozy spot to retreat from all the adventures that are available to you in Tapalpa. With its 3 foot thick adobe walls,wide pine plank floors and huge original wooden beams supporting the wooden ceilings, you will also find a little bit of paradise inside, too.
This charming Bed and Breakfast Inn has only nine beautifully appointed suites each with its own fireplace .Evenings you may join the other guests in a warm, convivial atmosphere around the fireplace or in one of the many little reading or relaxing
alcoves scatatered throughout the hotel. Designed with delightful sensitivity to both its historical renovation and modern comfort it is a wonderful place for honeymoons. As with our other bed and breakfast inns a warm homecooked breakfast awaits you in your room or in our family dining room or terrace.
Tapalpa has been named one of
Jalisco's "Magic Villages" with good
reason. The spectacular high sierra
scenery combined with unique of
Mexican cuisine does indeed offer a
hidden treasure well-known to the local
Mexican tourist, but almost undiscovered
by the international traveller.
Some of its main attractions are the
Water House (built by the Franciscans),
the Parish of San Antonio de Tapalpa,
the temples of Juanacatlan and Our
Lady of Mercy, La Conquista paper
factory, and an assortment of natural
places such as Cascada del Molino,
Salto del Nogal, Sierra de Tapalpa and
Peña Rajada. The Purisima and Soledal
chapels are two places also worth
taking a peek at.
Prices & deals
- Lowest Daily Price:
- 80 USD
- Highest Daily Price:
- 120 USD
- Lowest Weekly Price:
- 480 USD
- Highest Weekly Price:
- 600 USD
- Cleaning fee:
- Charging Method:
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Location & area
In the heart of the Sierra Madre at more than 2000 mt. elevation, Casona de Manzano is in the alpine village of Jalisco, Mexico.
Just two blocks from the town square on a quiet cobblestoned street, it has the freshest air in Mexico and a year round cool climate.
Only 80 minutes from Guadalajara and 2 hours from the beaches of Manzanillo.
- 84 Francisco Madero, 40340, Tapalpa, Mexico
- Accommodation located in:
- countryside, downtown, hang gliding, leisure area, mountainside, near cultural interest, near fishing area, near golf course, near historical interest, near horse riding, near restaurants & bars, near shopping area, near tennis courts, old town, rural, village!
Amenities & services
Beautiful antique filled rooms with tasteful Mexican art and crafts. Breakfast is served in your room or in the family dining room. Special regional meals can be prepared with prior request. Garden with barbecue. Terrace with panoramic view. Fireplace lounge with wine served in the evenings. Help, friendly hostess!
# of Units: 1... and each unit includes:
- Bedrooms: 9
- Bathrooms: 0
- Single beds: 0
- Double beds: 0
- Baby cots: 0
- Single sofa beds: 0
- Double sofa beds: 0
- Hair Drier:
- Washing Machine:
- Work Desk:
- Bed Sheets:
- Cable/Satelite TV:
- Internet Broadband:
- Internet Dial Up:
- Ironing Board:
- Stereo/Radio System:
- DVD Player:
- Butler Service:
- House Chef:
- Local Guides:
- Local Transportation:
- 24h Concierge:
- Tours & Excursions:
- Fridge & Freezer:
- Crockery & Utensils:
- Dish Washer:
- American Kitchen:
- Sofa Bed:
- Table & Chairs:
- Private Beach:
- Shared Bathroom:
- Spa / Jacuzzi:
- Swimming Pool:
- Lift / Elevator:
- Disabled Facilities:
- Tennis Court:
- Pets Welcome:
- Sea View:
- Central Heating:
- City View:
- Daily Cleaning:
- Air Conditioning:
- DVD/Music Collection:
- Ensuite Bathroom:
- Board Basis:
- Bed & Breakfast
- Welcome pack:
- Cultural and adventure tours of local sites with local bilingual guide. Flowers, wine for honeymooners. Local attraction orientation by your hostess and owner of this restored mansion.
- Extra meal info:
- Home cooked hot breakfast included. Extra meals, picnic lunches upon prior request.
Review - Casona de Manzano
Casona de Manzano - Contact the owner
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.