Casa de las Tortugas in Merida Guest House
Official Contact Details - Casa de las Tortugas in MeridaPhone: +525556156634
Finest vacation rental in Merida Centro
- Price from 185 USD / Day / Per unit
- 2 bedrooms & 3 bathrooms
(click on a photo to view it)
Last updated: 04/21/2010
This is your property ?
A professional team of interior designers and architects were given a no limits mission in order to achieve the ultimate renovation of this 200 years old colonial house in the heart of Mérida.
The renovation began in August and was concluded on December 12th, 2009, as stated in the commemorative plaque at the entrance of the house.
You will find beautiful Santo Tomas marble flooring in the living and dinning rooms, Macedonian marble in the master rooms and natural stone columns for the exterior arcade. All encompassed among LED indirect lightning to provide a unique environment.
Both master rooms feature 20 ft height hand made Catalan vault ceilings by master artisans that were brought from Querétaro for this purpose.
Everything in mind to provide the ultimate relaxing experience in this fabulous Mayan city, experience your senses will remember a long time.
The heart of the house is a kitchen designed by Architect Roberto Molina in fashion with the most pure Mexican style, but not to miss any modern convenience a demanding Chef would need. All kitchen essentials are at your disposal if cooking is your passion.
Outside a reflecting pool is connected with the main pool by a Macedonian stone water channel, under the shadow of a majestic tree called Ramon. This will invite you to unforgettable afternoons in absolute privacy, since there is no viewing access to the garden or the pool from anywhere outside the house.
A professional home theater installation is there at your disposal, so feel free to bring your favorite blue ray movies or mp3 player. Maybe walking all day on Mayan ruins invites to stay at home that afternoon.
Is Poker, chess or domino your feat? You will find 6 chairs and a matching teka table at the patio to accommodate your mates, all protected under a 10ft diameter umbrella.
Escape the winter. Wellcome to warm Merida !
Prices & deals
- Lowest Daily Price:
- 185 USD
- Highest Daily Price:
- 225 USD
- Lowest Weekly Price:
- 1100 USD
- Highest Weekly Price:
- 1350 USD
- Cleaning fee:
- Charging Method:
- Per unit
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Location & area
Casa de Las Tortugas vacation rental is conveniently located near the Plaza Grande in the historic center of Merida. It is also just one block from Parque Santa Ana and three blocks from the Remate (the beginning) of Paseo de Montejo, Merida's stately avenue of old homes and a lovely place to walk anytime of day.
Two blocks away is the Archeological Museum and Rescoldos Mediterranean Bistro is right in front of the house, where pizzas are cooked in a traditional wood-fire oven.
Casa de las Tortugas has a prime location on Calle 62 where parking is permitted. Never the less you have a closed private parking lot at your disposal right next to the house
- Calle 62, Merida Centro, Merida, Mexico
Amenities & services
* Sleeps 4-6 adults
* Features 2 Master bedroom suites with full bathrooms
* Furnished with the highest quality
* Independent state of the art remote-controlled 18K BTU air conditioning units in ech and every room
* 32-inch flat screen TV in each bedroom
* 27 ft long swimming pool
* Reflecting pond, with a relaxing water cascade
* Living room that includes...
o 5.1 Home Theater
o 46-inch High Def 240 Hz flat screen TV
o Blue-ray player
o Cable with channels in english
* Fully-equipped designer Talavera-tiled kitchen featuring...
o Full size refrigerator with organic water filter and ice dispenser
o Wine cellar
o Coffee grinder and coffee maker
* Full size washer and dryer in laundry area
* Fully-equipped dining room for up to 8 people, +150 Kg unique marble table
* 400-count linens for all bedrooms
* All bathrooms essentials and towels
* Free ultra fast 4MB! wireless internet acces
* Cable also in both bedrooms with channels in english
* iPod docking station by the pool
* Outdoor Shower by the pool
* Noise cancelling duovent street windows for your convenience
* Maid service every third day, included in the rental price
* Expert multilingual local property manager for initial entry and household emergencies
Ask for our pet and children policy
# of Units: 1... and each unit includes:
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 3
- Single beds: 1
- Double beds: 2
- Baby cots: 0
- Single sofa beds: 1
- Double sofa beds: 0
- Hair Drier:
- Washing Machine:
- Work Desk:
- Bed Sheets:
- Cable/Satelite TV:
- Internet Broadband:
- Internet Dial Up:
- Ironing Board:
- Stereo/Radio System:
- DVD Player:
- Tours & Excursions:
- Butler Service:
- House Chef:
- Local Guides:
- Local Transportation:
- 24h Concierge:
- American Kitchen:
- Fridge & Freezer:
- Crockery & Utensils:
- Dish Washer:
- Sofa Bed:
- Table & Chairs:
- Pets Welcome:
- Private Beach:
- Shared Bathroom:
- Spa / Jacuzzi:
- Lift / Elevator:
- Swimming Pool:
- Disabled Facilities:
- Tennis Court:
- DVD/Music Collection:
- Air Conditioning:
- Ensuite Bathroom:
- Sea View:
- Central Heating:
- City View:
- Daily Cleaning:
Review - Casa de las Tortugas in Merida
Casa de las Tortugas in Merida - Contact the owner
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.