Barrio Gotico Apartment Barcelona
Official Contact Details - Barrio Gotico ApartmentPhone: +34-687914566 Fax: +34-932651841
Stylish Barcelona Apartment in the Barrio Gotico with great balcony views. Beside City Hall and near Las Ramblas.
- Price from 160 EUR / Day
- Capacity up to 6 people
- 2 bedrooms & 1 bathroom
(click on a photo to view it)
Last updated: 11/02/2006
This is your property ?
High ceilings and soft toned colors make this apartment a perfect base in the middle of Barcelona's very central square Plaça Sant Jaume.
Open the french doors to the balconies of this apartment and enjoy the privileged location as you look out on Ferran street and Plaça Sant Miquel.
A Barcelona vacation Rental worth staying at as the balconies are perfect for people-watching in this mainly pedestrian area. For your nightly comfort, close the windows and draw the curtains to find yourself inside this cool and comfortable apartment with a spacious double lounge area and contemporary Catalan design furniture.
All elements are put in place to make your stay as comfortable and soothing as possible.
The apartment is located on the 1st floor on the corner of a 19th century building, with doorman (in this case a lady). The space is 110m2 (1185 Sq. ft.) with 2 bedrooms, a living room with a lounge area and a dining area, a 2nd lounge area, a kitchen divided into 2 areas and a bathroom.
The living room has 4 french doors with access to a balcony. The bathroom is comfortable and well distributed with a lavatory, bathtub, and sink.
The apartment is as centrally located as one can possibly wish for in the Medieval part of town, called Barri Gotic or Barrio Gotico (in Castellano) with the famous Las Ramblas promenade just a stone's throw away and next to Barcelona's central square Placa Sant Jaume. The location makes it an ideal location for both business and holiday travelers.
The shopping street of Ferran is right next to the Placa Sant Jaume (with the Ayuntamiento (City Hall) and the Palau de la Generalitat (seat of the Catalan government). On one side of Ferran is the neighborhood Del Call which forms part of the Barri Gotic (Gothic Quarter). In this maze of calm and winding streets are reminiscent of a forgotten history of Jewish Barcelona with plenty of antique shops and restaurants. On the other side of Ferran is called Avinyo with its hip designer boutiques, and a bit further down Ferran Street is Placa Reial with plenty of clubs. Las Ramblas is no further than 2 minutes from the apartment.
Follow any of the winding streets next to the Generalitat and chances are you'll end up next to or in front of the spectacular Cathedral de La Seu with its lively placa (square).
Close to the apartment, you will find:
- Placa Sant Jaume with the Ayuntamiento and the Generalitat de Catalunya (City Hall and the seat of the Catalan Government)
- Las Ramblas and La Boqueria, the famous food market
- Mercat Santa Catalina, the recently finished daily fresh market with a spectacular roof-top near the Cathedral
- The Cathedral de la Seu
- The Modernista theatre and concert hall Palau de la Musica and the Liceu opera house
- the picturesque Placa del Pi square with a frequent farmers' market
- Shopping avenue Portal del Angel
- several public parking areas
- The Picasso Museum
- an internet cafe, right near the Picasso Museum and on the Ramblas
- the central subway and bus stop Placa Sant Jaume I
Prices & deals
- Lowest Daily Price:
- 160 EUR
- Highest Daily Price:
- 280 EUR
- Lowest Weekly Price:
- 1120 EUR
- Highest Weekly Price:
- 1960 EUR
- Cleaning fee:
- Charging Method:
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Location & area
- 1 Pas de L'Ensenyanca, 08002, Barcelona, Spain
- Accommodation located in:
- business district, city, downtown, near cultural interest, near historical interest, near restaurants & bars, near shopping area, old town, very central next to city hall!
Amenities & services
- A bedroom with a balcony, a double bed (180x190cm) and cupboard
- A 2nd bedroom with 2 single beds that can be joined into a King size bed
- A lounge area with a sofa and a dining table
- A 2nd lounge area with a sofa which is convertible into a double bed (160 x 200cm)
- A fully equipped kitchen with ceramic cooking plates, microwave, toaster, kettle, coffee maker, fridge, dishwasher, etc.
- A bathroom with tub, wash-basin, bidet, toilet, washing machine and a dryer
- A dining area with table and 6 chairs
- TV, DVD player and HIFI Stereo + CD's/DVD's
- Linens, towels and a hair dryer
- Guides, maps and books on Barcelona
_ WIFI ADSL internet connection
- Phone landline (only local calls)
- No elevator, just the traditional staircase; 1 flight
- A doorman (lady)
# of Units: 1... and each unit includes:
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Single beds: 4
- Double beds: 2
- Baby cots: 1
- Single sofa beds: 0
- Double sofa beds: 1
- Hair Drier:
- DVD Player:
- Washing Machine:
- Work Desk:
- Bed Sheets:
- Cable/Satelite TV:
- Internet Broadband:
- Internet Dial Up:
- Ironing Board:
- Stereo/Radio System:
- Local Guides:
- Local Transportation:
- 24h Concierge:
- Tours & Excursions:
- House Chef:
- Butler Service:
- Dish Washer:
- American Kitchen:
- Fridge & Freezer:
- Crockery & Utensils:
- Table & Chairs:
- Sofa Bed:
- Lift / Elevator:
- Swimming Pool:
- Disabled Facilities:
- Tennis Court:
- Pets Welcome:
- Private Beach:
- Shared Bathroom:
- Spa / Jacuzzi:
- Daily Cleaning:
- DVD/Music Collection:
- Air Conditioning:
- Ensuite Bathroom:
- Sea View:
- Central Heating:
- City View:
Review - Barrio Gotico Apartment
Barrio Gotico Apartment - Contact the owner
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.