La Porcilaia Villa Orvieto
Official Contact Details - La PorcilaiaPhone: 00 44 01234838436 Fax: 00 44 01234838436
Holiday villa rental in Umbria - Orvieto- Bolsena.Tuscany and Lazio border.
- Price from 380 GBP / Week / Per unit
- 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms
(click on a photo to view it)
Last updated: 04/26/2010
This is your property ?
This beautifully renovated traditional farmhouse has sensational,panoramic views of Lake Bolsena, the surrounding hills and the Apennine Mountains. The 1st floor apartment is ideal for a romantic week away from it all, but it is spacious enough for two couples wanting to share an holiday or for a family group.
The apartment offers spacious accommodation (130 square metres). Designed for comfort and easy living it retains a traditional style and is beautifully furnished with antiques or hand made pieces. The two bedrooms and the well-equipped traditional farmhouse kitchen, overlook Lake Bolsena. The lounge with a stone fireplace opens onto a pretty small balcony (loggia), a larger loggia with panoramic views of the rolling hills and the lake is ideal to comfortably dine al fresco. There are also two large comfortable bathrooms at each end of the floor. The apartment is totally private and independent and the guests have full use of the extensive grounds.
The villa is situated on the borders of Umbria, Tuscany and Lazio, within the D.O.C. region of the Orvieto and Est!Est!Est! wines and within easy reach of Rome, Florence, Siena , Assisi and the Tyrrhenian coast.
This is an area full of history that emanates from its ancient buildings, hill top towns, castles and churches. Lake Bolsena's sandy beaches are only minutes away and offer water sports and fishing, within an unforgettable setting.
Prices vary from £380 to £550 per week and the apartment can sleep 6 people comfortably.
The prices are all inclusive (final cleaning, linen, electricity, gas, wood for the fire. The central heating (metred) is additional. The prices are based on four people. An additional £100 is requested for for 6 people.
Prices & deals
- Lowest Weekly Price:
- 380 GBP
- Highest Weekly Price:
- 550 GBP
- Cleaning fee:
- Charging Method:
- Per unit
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Location & area
The bus service from Bagnoregio affords access to the local, larger towns of Orvieto, Bolsena, Montefiascone and Viterbo.
Orvieto has a main line railway station with frequent links to Rome and Florence.
N.B. Public transport is advised for visiting both the above cities, especially Rome and fares are reasonable.
Bagnoregio has its own tourist board.
PLACES TO SEE
CIVITA DI BAGNOREGIO: 3 miles. This ancient hilltop village dates back to the Etruscans and is connected to Bagnoregio by a footbridge. Bagnoregio looks down on the magnificent Val Dei Calanchi with its dramatic eroded tufo peacks.
BOLSENA: 5 miles. Ancient town, the Etruscan Volsinii, that still retains its medieval narrow streets leading up to the castle. The town has magnificent lake front gardens and several restaurants where it is possible to eat 'al fresco' on the lakeshore. The local cuisine is unforgettable and the wines are probably amongst the best in Italy. Eating out is very reasonable.
ORVIETO: 10 miles. Hilltop town dug into the tufo rock. Magnificent cathedral, covered in golden mosaics and carvings that make it shine from the distance in the sunset.
MONTEFIASCONE: 5 miles. Medieval hilltop town, that was for centuries the summer residence of the Popes because of its favourable climate. Cobbled medieval streets lead to the Rocca Dei Papi and its fantastic views of Lake Bolsena. In August the town holds its monthly festival for the famous EST! EST!EST! wine.
LAKE BOLSENA: 15 minutes. Sandy /grassy shores, clean water, water sports & fishing. Unforgettable settings.
These are just a few of your local towns! There are so many interesting places to visit within a hour distance you'll be spoilt for choice. This is in my opinion one of the most interesting historic areas in Italy, but its geography, fauna and flora are also fascinating.
The Mediterranean sea is very near and it is easy to organise day trips to the unspoiled beaches of the National Park of the Uccellina or to Porto Ercole's elegant seafront or the picturesque rocky shores of the Isola Del Giglio. La Porcilaia is also ideally situated to visit the grandier towns of Rome, Florence, Siena, Assisi, Perugia, etc.
- via Nino Bixio, 01022, Orvieto, Italy
- Accommodation located in:
- civita di bagnoregio, countryside, near cultural interest, near diving spot, near fishing area, near golf course, near historical interest, near horse riding, near restaurants & bars, near shopping area, near tennis courts, near the beach, near water sports, rural, village!
Amenities & services
The original farmhouse has been extended and renovated using local, traditional and sympathetic materials such as basalt stone, terracotta tiles, chestnut beams and doors.
The house is set in an acre and a half of land on a ridge overlooking lake Bolsena and is surrounded by peaceful and tranquil farmland that is often grazed by flocks of sheep. There is a gravelled drive to the house and extensive gravelled and grassed areas where old oak trees provide welcoming shade for sitting and relaxing.
The farmhouse is well away from other dwellings, but only two to three miles from Bagnoregio that with its traditional shops and a small supermarket will cater for all your needs. A thriving market is held on Mondays.
FIRST FLOOR APARTMENT
Access is made by way of an external stone stairway and through a porch (small loggia). This spacious (130 square metres) accommodation comprises of:
- Two double bedrooms with wardrobes and lake views.
- Two large bathrooms with toilet, bidet, basin and shower in each and a washing machine in the largest one.
- Lounge with open fireplace, television, video and DVD. The sofa can be transformed into a double bed.
- Farmhouse kitchen / dining room with the use of a large fridge freezer, gas cooker (five rings and two ovens), microwave oven,. electric kettle, dishwasher and a full complement of kitchen utensils.
- Large corridors and hallways which add a sense of space to the whole apartment and offer a quiet space to sit and enjoy the wonderful views.
- Covered terrace (large loggia), spacious enough to eat al fresco. The loggia offers stunning views of the lake and of unforgettable sunsets.
- Full central heating.
- An additional fold down bed that is available on request.
There are bikes available during the stay.
Laundry and cleaning is available every week, but cleaning material and utensils are also provided.
GROUND FLOOR APARTMENT
For rental as an individual unit or with the first floor as an entire house. Please enquire.
# of Units: 1... and each unit includes:
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Single beds: 1
- Double beds: 2
- Baby cots: 0
- Single sofa beds: 0
- Double sofa beds: 1
- Hair Drier:
- Internet Broadband:
- Cable/Satelite TV:
- Internet Dial Up:
- Ironing Board:
- Stereo/Radio System:
- DVD Player:
- Washing Machine:
- Work Desk:
- Bed Sheets:
- House Chef:
- Butler Service:
- Local Guides:
- Local Transportation:
- 24h Concierge:
- Tours & Excursions:
- Crockery & Utensils:
- Dish Washer:
- American Kitchen:
- Fridge & Freezer:
- Sofa Bed:
- Table & Chairs:
- Shared Bathroom:
- Spa / Jacuzzi:
- Lift / Elevator:
- Swimming Pool:
- Disabled Facilities:
- Tennis Court:
- Pets Welcome:
- Private Beach:
- Central Heating:
- City View:
- Daily Cleaning:
- DVD/Music Collection:
- Air Conditioning:
- Ensuite Bathroom:
- Sea View:
Review - La Porcilaia
La Porcilaia - Contact the owner
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.