Farmholiday in Tuscany Olivola
Official Contact Details - Farmholiday in Tuscany
Charming Holiday Home and a sunny panoramic garden in the countryside of Lunigiana Tuscany, near Cinque Terre. Away to the tourist paths. savor the true Italian life-style!One hour drive from Pisa!
- Price from 65 EUR / Day
- Capacity up to 6 people
- 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms
Last updated: 06/24/2009
This is your property ?
Come and enjoy a spring break in Lunigiana Tuscany to experience the authentic country life in a farm-holiday!
The generous hospitality and relaxed pace to life make this a perfect destination for those wishing to escape the rush of modern life...within easy access of the Cinque Terre and less than an hour from the city of Lucca and the Pisa airport.
A hilltop hideaway in an area rich in history and tradition and set amidst magnificent scenery with breathtaking views over the unspoilt Tuscan hills.
Located in the small hamlet of Olivola, once seat of the medieval castle, the holiday apartment with its attached tower and dominating position draw a fascinating scene.
Accommodation for 2 or 4 up to 6 people includes a spacious and bright apartment:
* Ground floor : living room where there is a new double-sofa bed and dining area (surface 30 m2), kitchen has an ancient marble sink, table and chairs (12 m2), bathroom with shower (5 m2), fire place room with wooden stairs lead to upper floor.
* First floor : main double bedroom (20 m2), second double bedroom (16 m2), bathroom with bath (6 m2), terrace (34 m2).
Upon request can be added a single bed for one child or third person in the main bedroom.
The garden is equipped with table and chairs to relax with a good book or dining out.
To note: on the first floor, the second double bedroom, and its private bathroom, has its own independent entrance from the garden by the terrace.
* Spring special offer : Lunigiana and Cinque Terre tour!
* For a reservation min. 4 nights : Euro 30 per night/per person
The price includes:
1. accommodation in apartment,
2. homemade breakfast (every morning),
3. welcome tasting of typical dishes (on guests' arriving day),
4. free pass to visit the Park of Cinque Terre and enjoy a walk with incredible views over the sea.
The rate includes also the use of the water, electric power,gas, heating, final cleaning and towels, sheets..
The genuine breakfast, prepared with home-growing products, supplies milk, coffee, tea, homemade biscuits, focacce and torte d'erbi and their fragrance take guests back to old times..it can also become a packed lunch for picnic.
On sunny days breakfast is served in a peaceful and secluded garden, or panoramic terrace, enjoying a lovely view over countryside and the Appennine mountains in the background.
The house is equipped with linen such as sheets, towels and table-clothes.
You can find also many maps,itineraries, restaurant recommendations and details of local places of interest to visit during your staying.
Prices & deals
- Lowest Daily Price:
- 65 EUR
- Highest Daily Price:
- 150 EUR
- Lowest Weekly Price:
- 430 EUR
- Highest Weekly Price:
- 1000 EUR
- Cleaning fee:
- Charging Method:
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Location & area
The Lunigiana region derives its name from the port of Luni, established by the Romans at the mouth of the River Magra. So rich and splendidly adorned with marble was this port, that the Normans destroyed it, mistaking it for Rome. Today you can see the ruins of this once great trading place. Historic sites are not restricted to Roman remains, however,as the Lunigiana is scattered with castles built in medieval times by the Malaspina family.
The village of Aulla was founded towards 884, when the Abbey of Saint Caprasio was built. Towards the end of XIII the century the territory passes under the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Luni, for being then disputed from Pisa, Lucca, Genova and the Malaspina family. Aulla is characterised by the Fortress of the Brunella,(many of you may have read of this in Kinta Beevor's 'A Tuscan Childhood'), military construction of the XV century was built in a strategic position from which it could dominate all the city. The Fortress was erected probably under Giovanni delle Bande Nere.
Nowadays houses the Lunigiana Museum of Natural History.. .
Some of the well-known places of interest are:
Carrarra - In the Apuan Alps, the spectacular marble quarries offer an evocative sight. This precious white stone has been quarried since Roman times. Since then, it has been used for all sorts of different purposes - from simple objects to more famous works of art and architecture. In the art studios of Carrara, at the Marble Museum and Open Air Exhibition, it is possible to learn about the history and working of marble.
- 01 Piazza G. Puccini, 54010, Olivola, Italy
- Accommodation located in:
- countryside, near biking trails, near cultural interest, near historical interest, near horse riding, near restaurants & bars, near shopping area, near tennis courts, near walking trails, rural, village!
Amenities & services
The apartment is also very comfortable out of season having its own central heating and it is available all year around, as in Lunigiana every season has its own charm!
The apartment is available for short break too.
All linen and towels are provided free of charge. A cot and high chair can be provided at no extra cost.
You can pick vegetables and fruit in season for your own use, from vegetable garden near to the house.
# of Units: 1... and each unit includes:
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Single beds: 0
- Double beds: 2
- Baby cots: 1
- Single sofa beds: 0
- Double sofa beds: 1
- Hair Drier:
- Washing Machine:
- Work Desk:
- Bed Sheets:
- Cable/Satelite TV:
- Internet Broadband:
- Internet Dial Up:
- Ironing Board:
- Stereo/Radio System:
- DVD Player:
- Tours & Excursions:
- Butler Service:
- House Chef:
- Local Guides:
- Local Transportation:
- 24h Concierge:
- American Kitchen:
- Fridge & Freezer:
- Crockery & Utensils:
- Dish Washer:
- Sofa Bed:
- Table & Chairs:
- Pets Welcome:
- Private Beach:
- Shared Bathroom:
- Spa / Jacuzzi:
- Swimming Pool:
- Lift / Elevator:
- Disabled Facilities:
- Tennis Court:
- Ensuite Bathroom:
- Sea View:
- Central Heating:
- City View:
- Daily Cleaning:
- Air Conditioning:
- DVD/Music Collection:
Review - Farmholiday in Tuscany
Farmholiday in Tuscany - Contact the owner
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.