Lyra Villas Kefalonia
Official Contact Details - Lyra VillasPhone: +30 6972162220
2 Luxury detached villas (3 bedrooms each/sleeps 6 each)with Private Pool,BBQ and Panoramic Views.Peaceful Location in a small Village,10 min drive from Agia Efimia and the fascinating Myrtos beach.
- Price from 110 EUR / Day / Per unit
- Capacity up to 6 people
- 3 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms
(click on a photo to view it)
Last updated: 09/02/2010
This is your property ?
Lyra Villas are 2 fully detached villas, situated on a 1.800m² property at the edge of the small village of Makriotika, approx. 5 km from Agia Efimia. It's a peaceful and low-key traditional village. The villas are recently built and offer high quality accommodation that combines traditional style with the latest modern amenities. All fittings and furnishings are of the highest standard. Each villa has an own private pool, BBQ and secluded sun terraces offering panoramic views of the sea, the charming port of Agia Efimia, the surrounding high mountains and the small villages. Next beach is the famous Myrtos (approx 5 km), one of the most beautiful beaches in Greece. In the village square (5 min walk) you will find a friendly tavern with excellent Kefalonia food, a Cafe, and mini market.
Prices & deals
- Lowest Daily Price:
- 110 EUR
- Highest Daily Price:
- 270 EUR
- Lowest Weekly Price:
- 770 EUR
- Highest Weekly Price:
- 1890 EUR
- Cleaning fee:
- Charging Method:
- Per unit
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Location & area
The village of Makriotika is situated 5km from the picturesque port of Agia Efimia, framed by high mountains, on a hight of more than 200 m.
The Kefalonians call it "The balcony of Pylaros", as it offers, indeed, a fascinating view across the wide valley of Pylaros: the port of Agia Efimia, the sea, the surrounding high mountains and the small traditional villages. Across the water, you can see Ithaca and some days you can even make out the mountains of Peloponnes.
Makriotika is located in the centre of the island, and is thus an ideal base for exploring the island.
Here you can taste the flavour of the authentic Greek Life:
A nice "Platia" (village square, 5 walk min from the villas), small red-roofed houses with flower-filled terraces, two "kafenios", a tavern, a mini-market, a baker, a school and (as in each Greek village) a church. In the summer, the Platia is filled with playing children, native and emigrant Kefalonians and tourists.
The closest beach is the famous Myrtos Beach (approx. 5 km), one of the most beautiful beaches in Greece. Surrounding Agia Efimia you will find a lot of small white pebble coves with clear crystal water, ideal for snorkelling.
The location is also ideal for nature lovers and hikers: walking maps showing the several paths and a lot of details are in our villas available.
Further Sightseeing and Activities nearby:
* 10 km drive to the underground Lake of Melissani Lake and to the dreamy lake of Karavomilos
* 15 km to the traditional village of Assos:
one of the oldest and most beautiful villages of the island with a delightful architecture, a Venetian castle, little fish taverns and a small harbour with fishing boats
* 18 km drive to the Drogaratti Cave
* 18 km drive to the Bavarian Horse Riding Stables close to Sami:
a completely different way of exploring Kefalonia, by following old donkey trails with wonderful views through olive groves and fruit orchards
* 18 km drive to the port of Sami, to the beautiful beach Antissamos, to the ancient Akropolis of Sami or to the Monasteries of Fanendes and Grillia (with breathtaking views of Ithaca and the Ionian Sea)
* 25 km to the touristic highlight of the island, the exclusive yachting port of Fiskardo
* 35 km drive to the capital city Argostoli and 40 km to the international airport Argostoli.
- Agia Efimia, 28081, Kefalonia, Greece
- Accommodation located in:
- near cultural interest, near diving spot, near fishing area, near restaurants & bars, near tennis courts, near the beach, rural, village!
Amenities & services
Each villa has:
1 bedroom with double bed
1 bedroom with twin beds
1 bedroom with bunk beds
All bedrooms non smoking, all with air conditioning and all rooms opening on to a balcony.
1 bathroom with bath, WC, hairdryer
1 bathroom with shower, WC
* Well designed spacious living-dining area with fire place, sofabed, satellite TV, DVD player, CD player, radio, CD's and DVDs, games for children and adults, guide book and map of the island, magazines, books.
* Open plan kitchen with: 4 ring ceran cooking surface, oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, kettle, toaster, coffee maker.
* Storage room: beach equipment, iron and ironing board, space for your luggage.
Pool area: a private pool (8x4m): checked and maintained on a daily basis, 6 relaxing sunbeds and sun umbrella.
2 terraces: sea-facing terrace on the eastern side and terrace on the western side, both with nice wooeden garden furnishings and sun umbrellas; plus mobile barbeque in each villa.
The villas are surrounded by a beautiful Mediterranean garden with colourful geraniums, roses, oleanders, several local sweet herbs and a lot of butterflies.
All windows and balcony doors are equipped with mosquito screens.
A babycot and a highchair for babies are in both villas available.
Free whireless internet access.
Cleaning and change of towels and linen twice a week.
# of Units: 2... and each unit includes:
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Single beds: 4
- Double beds: 1
- Baby cots: 1
- Single sofa beds: 1
- Double sofa beds: 0
- Hair Drier:
- Internet Broadband:
- Cable/Satelite TV:
- Internet Dial Up:
- Ironing Board:
- Stereo/Radio System:
- DVD Player:
- Washing Machine:
- Work Desk:
- Bed Sheets:
- House Chef:
- Butler Service:
- Local Guides:
- Local Transportation:
- 24h Concierge:
- Tours & Excursions:
- Crockery & Utensils:
- Dish Washer:
- American Kitchen:
- Fridge & Freezer:
- Sofa Bed:
- Table & Chairs:
- Shared Bathroom:
- Spa / Jacuzzi:
- Lift / Elevator:
- Swimming Pool:
- Disabled Facilities:
- Tennis Court:
- Pets Welcome:
- Private Beach:
- Central Heating:
- City View:
- Daily Cleaning:
- DVD/Music Collection:
- Air Conditioning:
- Ensuite Bathroom:
- Sea View:
Review - Lyra Villas
Lyra Villas - Contact the owner
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.