Crater Lakes Rainforest Cottages Cairns
Official Contact Details - Crater Lakes Rainforest CottagesPhone: 0740952322 Fax: 0740952233
Luxury in world heritage rainforest
- Price from 160 AUD / Day
- Capacity up to 4 people
- 1 bedroom & 1 bathroom
Last updated: 02/03/2006
This is your property ?
Discover the luxury of your own self-contained cottage, uniquely and tastefully
decorated, and hidden in a tranquil rainforest setting. Ideally positioned to experience the beautiful Tablelands and just 1hr from Cairns.
A romantic getaway, a perfect honeymoon destination and a nature lover's paradise. Curl up in front of the fire with a Port and chocolates, stretch out on the king-sized bed, relax in the spa bath, and prepare your yummy breakfast hamper in the self-contained kitchen or on the BBQ on the deck.
We are hidden away on the border of the World Heritage listed Lake Eacham National Park (you might like to hire our canoe to paddle around the lake) and less than 10 minutes from the historical town of Yungaburra, which has award winning restaurants and a small supermarket.
Encounter cute Wallabies, marauding Brush Turkeys, shy Musky Rat Kangaroos, long nosed bandicoots, Victoria's Rifle birds, Cat Birds and much more wildlife from your own private balcony. Of the 760 bird species in Australia, more than 300 can be found on the Tablelands, and many endemic species are seen from the cottages.
Your friendly hosts, John & Jenny, offer free guided platypus spotting, and transfers
to and from the wonderful restaurants in nearby Historical Yungaburra Village.
All the cottages are individually and tastefully decorated in the themes of Pioneer, Tuscany, Bali and Nautical. Complete with all the comforts of home TV, video, stereo, and full kitchen. Plus lots of little extras to spoil you; wood fire heater (it is a little cooler here than on the coast), big spa bath to luxuriate in, huge king bed, candles, bubble bath, flowers and complimentary Port and Chocolates. Also provided are bird and wildlife books and board games.
The volcanic origins of the Tablelands has resulted in a rich fertile plain of rolling hills interspersed with World Heritage Rainforest, spectacular waterfalls and crater lakes. Ideal for sightseeing, picnics and bushwalks. It took millions of years to create such awe inspiring natural wonders, so give yourselves a couple of days to explore.
Prices & deals
- Lowest Daily Price:
- 160 AUD
- Highest Daily Price:
- 210 AUD
- Lowest Weekly Price:
- 1120 AUD
- Highest Weekly Price:
- 1470 AUD
- Cleaning fee:
- Charging Method:
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Location & area
Some directions I hope you wll find helpful.
Out of the Airport:
1. Turn Left onto Sheridan St (Captain Cook Highway).
2. Go through approximately 5 sets of traffic lights, you will see a park on your left.
3. Turn Right at the next set of lights into Mulgrave Road (Bruce Highway).
4. Follow the Bruce Highway south for approximately half an hour.
(You will be travelling through the outer suburbs of Cairns past the town of Edmonton and past the first turn off to Gordonvale.)
5. Turn Right at the second turn off to Gordonvale (at the traffic lights) and onto the Gillies Highway.
6. Follow this highway up the the twisting range and onto the platueax of the Atherton Tablelands.
7. When the road straightens out, you are about 10 minutes away from us.
8. Turn left at the Sign for "Lake Eacham". There is yellow overhead street lamps here.
9. Turn left 300m along at the next sign for "Lake Eacham".
10. Follow this road through the Rainforest and past Lake Eacham.
11. You will travel over approximately 8 speed bumps.
12. Turn left into Eacham Close (500 m past Lake Eacham).
13. Go to the end of Eacham Close and straight onto the dirt road ahead.
14. Travel about 200m and you will see our signs to Crater Lakes Rainforest Cottages on the left.
15. Drive down between the signs, and you will see our house/office on the left.
Crater Lakes Rainforest Cottages
Lot 1 Eacham Close
Lake Eacham Qld 4872
Phone: (07) 4095 2322
- 1 Eacham Close, Yungaburra, 4884, Cairns, Queensland, Australia
- Accommodation located in:
- countryside, mountainside, near biking trails, near cultural interest, near fishing area, near historical interest, near horse riding, near restaurants & bars, near shopping area, near walking trails, near water sports, old town, rural, village!
Amenities & services
# of Units: 1... and each unit includes:
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Single beds: 0
- Double beds: 3
- Baby cots: 1
- Single sofa beds: 0
- Double sofa beds: 1
- Hair Drier:
- Internet Broadband:
- Cable/Satelite TV:
- Internet Dial Up:
- Ironing Board:
- Stereo/Radio System:
- DVD Player:
- Washing Machine:
- Work Desk:
- Bed Sheets:
- House Chef:
- Butler Service:
- Local Guides:
- Local Transportation:
- 24h Concierge:
- Tours & Excursions:
- Crockery & Utensils:
- Dish Washer:
- American Kitchen:
- Fridge & Freezer:
- Sofa Bed:
- Table & Chairs:
- Shared Bathroom:
- Spa / Jacuzzi:
- Lift / Elevator:
- Swimming Pool:
- Disabled Facilities:
- Tennis Court:
- Pets Welcome:
- Private Beach:
- Central Heating:
- City View:
- Daily Cleaning:
- DVD/Music Collection:
- Air Conditioning:
- Ensuite Bathroom:
- Sea View:
Review - Crater Lakes Rainforest Cottages
Crater Lakes Rainforest Cottages - Contact the owner
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.